Chinese Language Pack

mediaMum

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can tell me if there is a language pack available for Chinese, any version, simplified, traditional, Mandarin ....

Our site is in English, we're working on the French translations now and my client also wants Chinese, but I can't find any info on it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.

Welcome mediaMum! Glad to see you made it to the forums.Are you, yourself, literate in Chinese?

If so, download the latest version of CubeCart 3. CC3 comes with a language pack for CN (although, the internal docs suggest TW).

This language pack for CC3 is 100% not useable in CC6. It is in ANSI 950 (TCBig5). A good programmer's text editor can convert that to UTF-8.

Also, it is inconceivable that the number of language phrases available would be anywhere near the number of phrases CC6 uses. And the PHP syntax does not match CC6's language file syntax.

But it's a start. It could be a good start, or it could as worthless as the first ten steps in a 10K marathon.

I'm not aware of any other source of language packs other than those found here:
https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/languages

Thankyou for the fast response.

I'd prefer to stick with CC6 and I'll have a closer look at the current language packs and see what can be achieved. I have a translator on the team, so will weigh up the effort involved in creating our own language pack.

Cheers,

Linda.