Problems installing from marketplace

mobisat

I have kept my old SQL database (6.1.12) and restored it onto a fresh install of 6.1.13. Everything looks fine, however when I went to install Paypal Powered by Braintree, I get my token and when I put this into the Manage Extensions to install it I am confronted with a blank screen http://mywebsite_dot_com/admin_name.php?_g=plugins

Any idea why this happens and the extension is not installed?

CubeCart decided to go with a PHP-included extension called ZipArchive, and dump an external library that was used in earlier versions of CubeCart.

Again, this is an included extension that comes with the PHP package that gets installed onto your server. As such, one needs to edit the PHP.INI file to include and load that extension when PHP starts up.

Or, your hosting account control panel may have a tool to configure PHP. That tool should list all the extensions available and a checkbox for each to have them loaded when PHP starts.

You may need to get your hosting account's Customer Support involved.

I would think those error messages are being shown as having been received by BrainTree/PayPal.

As such, maybe exploring the information available at your merchant account at BrainTree/PayPal would give a clue as to what to do about "vaulting methods".

But I see that the selector says "No". So, I don't know.

Well so far I am far from impressed with Paypal powered by Braintree. I applied and was accepted on the 7th of December, tried to process some test transactions and they all failed. Contacted their support and Paypal said that there were no transactions being sent to them the fault is with Cubecart not sending them info. Took out a support last night with Cubecart @Al Brookbanks told me that the problem lies with Braintree as they haven't completed the application. I find this shocking that it is over 2 weeks to get a merchant account tied to my Cubecart. I wish I'd stuck with Paypal API as that worked almost immediately when I had my original site.

Rant over

On 21/12/2017 at 7:44 PM, mobisat said:

Well so far I am far from impressed with Paypal powered by Braintree. I applied and was accepted on the 7th of December, tried to process some test transactions and they all failed. Contacted their support and Paypal said that there were no transactions being sent to them the fault is with Cubecart not sending them info. Took out a support last night with Cubecart @Al Brookbanks told me that the problem lies with Braintree as they haven't completed the application. I find this shocking that it is over 2 weeks to get a merchant account tied to my Cubecart. I wish I'd stuck with Paypal API as that worked almost immediately when I had my original site.

Rant over

What was the issue? Did you get it working? The signup process seems pretty fluid to me but I've only done it in their test sandbox mode.

We have quite a few merchants using this now and on the whole feedback is good.

Nothing is stopping you switching back to the old system if you don't want to continue with this integration.