Resent email

Wairds

The shop received an email enquiry but for some reason it was not sent onto the shops destination email address. It shows in the email log with an ‘x’ in the Sent column. I resend it and it is received in the shops destination email address. However when I attempt to reply the reply-to email address is my shops email address. Not the original sender. Is there anyway I can recover the senders email address?

Thanks.

In the program that you use to read your emails, there should be a way to view the email's headers. This feature may be called "View Source" or something similar.

If the Reply-To header is missing containing the Contact Us submitter's email address, then for some reason CubeCart's emailer didn't put it in the Contact Us email.

And not sending that email is strange. Unless the Contact Us submitter's email was so broken that CubeCart's mailer couldn't finish sending it.

You also mention that the Contact Us email is listed in CubeCart's admin, Email Log. I will submit a bug report that the Email Log should show the Contact Us submitter's email address.

Many thanks for responding.

"In the program that you use to read your emails, there should be a way to view the email's headers. This feature may be called "View Source" or something similar. "

The problem I have is, in order for me to read it in my email program I have to re-send it from the Email Log and it appears CubeCart puts the shops destination email address in as the sender.

I have this problem sporadically whereby emails are not sent onto me. I have encountered this with orders not being sent on but at least the purchasers email address is in the order. I have contacted my hosting service to see if a. they can retrieve the senders email address and b. if there is a problem their end.

"You also mention that the Contact Us email is listed in CubeCart's admin, Email Log. I will submit a bug report that the Email Log should show the Contact Us submitter's email address. "

That will be very useful!

Thank you.

Apologies if I wasn’t clear.

Scenario:

There is an email sitting in my shops email log with an ‘x’ sitting in the Sent column.

I click on the Resend in CubeCart and the email is sent satisfactorily. (The original email with the ‘x’ is still sitting in the log). I receive this resent email in my email client but it doesn’t have the original senders email address as the sender. It has the my shops email address as the sender.

Hence I can’t access the original senders email address.

I hope that makes sense.

PS.

There is a statement at the bottom of the email in the Email log stating the following: ‘This email is sent from the stores master email address but it is possible to reply directly to the sender using the reply button on your email software.’

When I resend the email from the Email log the sender becomes the shops email address. Hence when I attempt to reply in my email client the email is sent back to my shop.

Edited by Wairds
For clarification.

In your email client, please find the feature that lets you examine the email's headers.

Having the Store's email address as the From may be a default, but the code that resends the email does use the email address of the submitter of the Contact Us form.

To verify, please use an external database utility to examine directly the database, such as phpMyAdmin (a tool commonly provided in hosting account's control panel). Looking the table CubeCart_email_log, find the Contact Us email just resent and note the 'from' address.