Cannot access closed storefront

PeteW1959

As the title says, my storefront is closed and when I try to access it from the link on the admin control panel I just get the store closed dialog, with an error message above it:- Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/sites/s/shop.mysite.co.uk/public_html/cache/88711.sql.empties.cache in /var/sites/s/shop.mysite.co.uk/public_html/classes/cache/file.class.php on line 168.

It was fine this morning, and the store is fine when not offline.

I don't know if it is connected, but I get 5 identical error messages on the Maintenance page, but the page still loads below the messages. Message is:- Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/sites/s/shop.mysite.co.uk/public_html/admin_XXxxXx/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php on line 850

Any ideas?

Edited by PeteW1959

It could be that the upgrade failed or didnt complete correctly - most people are unable to upgrade using the built in admin based upgrade.  There are other possible reasons for this error but it is almost impossible without seeing what is going on - have you checked you disk space allowance hasnt been exceeded ?

I've been checking and experimenting and have found that the 2 problems (can't access closed storefront and errors on the maintenance tab) are not connected.

The closed store problem is connected to PHP 7.1, or more specifically to my php.ini file. The error on the maintenance tab is to do with 6.1.13 as I rolled back to 6.1.12 and all is OK. I'll try the upgrade manually when I have sorted out the closed storefront issue.

To run PHP 7.1 on my server (TSOHost shared hosting) I have to edit a line in .htaccess from

AddType x-httpd-php56 .php

to 

AddType x-httpd-php71 .php

In addition I had to have a copy of the ioncube folder in the root of CC, and php.ini with two lines at the end of it

zend_extension="/var/sites/w/mysite.co.uk/subdomains/shop/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.1.so"
zend_extension_ts="/var/sites/w/mysite.co.uk/subdomains/shop/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.1_ts.so"

With this configuration I can't access the closed storefront. I edited .htaccess and the two lines in php.ini back to 5.6, and I still can't access it. However if I delete php.ini (and I assume use the hosting provider's default settings) all is fine.

The problem is I need the 2 lines in php.ini to be able to use PHP 7.1 with Zend so I am a bit stuck.

How can I get my store working with PHP 7.1?

>>To run PHP 7.1 on my server (TSOHost shared hosting) I have to edit a line in .htaccess from

If you switched from PHP 5.6 to 7.1 then that should have automatically have made that change and as it obviously didnt, of course it is going to cause some major issues

>>In addition I had to have a copy of the ioncube folder in the root of CC, and php.ini with two lines at the end of it

That is only required if your hosting doesnt have ionCube installed for your version of PHP - no idea why some hosting companies dont just include it rather than expecting their customers to have the hassle of installing and updating it themselves

>>How can I get my store working with PHP 7.1?

Core CubeCart doesnt need ionCube and works extremely well on PHP7.1  If you are using one or more plugins that is encoded then you need to ensure that you both have the correct version of the ionCube loaders installed AND that the encoded versions of the plugins have been created for 7.1 - those encoded for earlier versions are not compatible.   Check your error_log file and that will show an error if this is the case