Add to basket button

niallB

Merry Christmas peeps. Any thoughts on a solution for this. When you click add to basket button on mobile version of my site its not very obvious that the item has been added. It's appears as a small little icon but on a smart phone when you click add to basket, you can't see that's been added unless you scroll back up which you wouldn't think of doing. Any thoughts on a solution for this? Is there a way to make it more apparent that the item has been added to the basket? Or as a last resort to maybe even to bring them to the checkout page when they click add to basket?

The website is https://www.myfancydress.ie if you want to see for yourself what I mean

Cheers 

Screenshot_20171226-180909.png

Screenshot_20171226-180919.png

I see you are using the Mobile skin.

Please make these changes:

In /js/plugins, update jquery.colorbox-min.js to the latest version.

In /js/common.js, near line 399:

Find:

} else {
	basket.replaceWith(returned.responseText);
	//Remove error message if it exists
	$("#gui_message").slideUp();
	//Shake basket
	$(".animate_basket").effect("shake", { times:4, distance: 3 }, 70);
}

Change to:

} else {
	basket.replaceWith(returned.responseText);
	//Remove error message if it exists
	$("#gui_message").slideUp();
	//Shake basket
	$(".animate_basket").effect("shake", { times:4, distance: 3 }, 70);
	$.colorbox({className:'colorbox_basket_summary', closeButton:false, inline:true, href:"div#basket_summary"});
	setTimeout($.colorbox.close,1500);
}

In the Mobile folder /styles/common.css, you can add CSS rules:

.colorbox_basket_summary { }
#cboxContent { background-color: #666666!important; }

You will need to find and add more CSS rules for cbox* selectors.

This adds a popup window that shows the contents of the skin's shopping basket. So, in addition to the actual basket that is probably off-screen, this overlays the screen with a small window for 1.5 seconds (adjustable) that shows the basket -- for the Mobile skin, is just a basket icon (white in color) with a green circle and item count. (The overlay can be dismissed sooner by clicking/tapping anywhere on the darkened screen.)

• 1 month later...

In claudiasbargains.css, line 13, I find that you are overruling cubecart.css, line 111 with respect to background color, from green to white.

That is then overruled by claudiasbargains.css, line 213, still keeping it white.

With a white page background, that would be hard to notice.

Removing those background-color declarations would restore using CubeCart's default green.

But, you asked about applying the effect above to your skin, so try this.

Download the jQuery-UI code from http://jqueryui.com/

Put the jquery-ui.min.js file in the skin's /js/vendor/ folder, and the jquery-ui.min.css in the /css/ folder.

Make these edits:

In the template main.php, find:

<script src="{$STORE_URL}/skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/js/vendor/jquery.js"></script>

On a new line after that, add:

<script src="{$STORE_URL}/skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/js/vendor/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>

In the file 2.cubecart.js, near the end, find:

function mini_basket_action() {
    $('#basket-detail, #small-basket-detail').fadeIn('fast', function() {
        $(this).delay(4000).fadeOut('slow');
        if($('#basket-detail').height()>$(window).height()) {
            window.location.href = '?_a=basket';
        }
    });
}

Change to:

function mini_basket_action() {
    $('#basket-detail, #small-basket-detail').fadeIn('fast', function() {
        $("#small-basket-detail.animate-basket").effect("shake", { times:4, distance: 3 }, 70); $(this).delay(4000).fadeOut('slow');
        if($('#basket-detail').height()>$(window).height()) {
            window.location.href = '?_a=basket';
        }
    });
}

In the template box.basket.php, find:

<div class="hide panel radius small-basket-detail-container js_fadeOut" id="small-basket-detail"><svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#icon-check"></use></svg> {$LANG.catalogue.added_to_basket}</div>

Change to:

<div class="hide panel radius small-basket-detail-container js_fadeOut animate-basket" id="small-basket-detail"><svg class="icon"><use xlink:href="#icon-check"></use></svg> {$LANG.catalogue.added_to_basket}</div>

In CubeCart's admin, Maintenance, Rebuild tab, clear the cache.

Have your browser force reload the page's resources.

Using a small viewport, click the product's Add to Basket button. The phrase "<checkmark> Added to Basket" should shake for a short bit.

“ In claudiasbargains.css, line 13, I find that you are overruling cubecart.css, line 111 with respect to background color, from green to white.”  I removed that line

“That is then overruled by claudiasbargains.css, line 213, still keeping it white.” I changed the background color to white on this because I didn’t want the panels to have that gray like color.  If I remove the white color code they will.  So what I did was create panel.small and gave it the green color from cubecart.css line 111.  Then I went into my skin/template/box.basket and added small after panel like this <div class="hide panel small radius small-basket-detail-container js_fadeOut" id="small-basket-detail">

Is this the way I should do it?