Upgrade stuck. Says database is still 6.0.5

lexijade

Whenever I try to update to the latest version, it just gets stuck. I just close the window then, and then I get the error in admin "WARNING: Your store appears to be using source code from 6.1.13 but the database is still at 6.0.5.Please complete the upgrade by running the setup process."

Help!

I have found in my personal experience that sometimes a browser will not 'auto-refresh'. Meaning that one would need to keep pressing the "Continue" button - giving about 5 seconds between each click for each step to finish.

It has to do with the security settings I have implemented for my browser's behavior.

Let us know if clicking Continue five seconds after getting each page still fails for you.

I am pretty sure it is auto-refreshing. How many times should I have to click continue, because that doesn't seem to be doing anything either? There aren't any "steps" it's just that same screen going from 6.0.5 to .6. I have had it open since I took the screenshot, and it's still on that same page.

That may be from an instance of CubeCart delivering the Homepage (has Latest Products).

In upgrading the database (which is what setup does), the upgrade step for 6.1.0 adds the 'latest' column (the 'key') in CubeCart_inventory.

So, the CubeCart code uses 'latest' in a query, but the database is not ready to use that query as specified - which is why setup is being run.

So, see if there is an error_log file in the /setup/ folder.

[04-Jan-2018 23:07:39 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: db_converted in /home/content/88/5118188/html/setup/setup.upgrade.php on line 111
[04-Jan-2018 23:07:39 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: config_converted in /home/content/88/5118188/html/setup/setup.upgrade.php on line 142

that's what in the error_log file in the setup folder

Here's the code from line 110 to line 155  

## If version is less then 4 or 5 try to fix database encoding
        if (!$_SESSION['setup']['db_converted'] && version_compare($current, '5.0.0', '<')) {
            /* ########################
            ##    Following code based on;
            ##    Migrating MySQL Data to Unicode
            ##   http://daveyshafik.com/archives/166-migrating-mysql-data-to-unicode.html
            ##    Thanks to Davey Shafik
            ## ######################## */
            $tables = $db->getRows();
            foreach ($tables as $table) {
                ## Get Schema
                if ($schema = $db->misc('SHOW CREATE TABLE '.$table['Name'])) {
                    ## Fix Schema and Create Temp Table
                    $find   = array("latin1", $table['Name']);
                    $replace  = array("utf8", $table['Name'].'_utf8');

if($db->misc(str_replace($find, $replace, $schema[0]['Create Table']))) {
                        if ($db->misc("SHOW TABLES LIKE '".$table['Name']."_utf8'", false)) {
                            ## Copy Data
                            $db->misc('INSERT INTO '.$table['Name'].'_utf8 SELECT * FROM '.$table['Name']);
                            ## Deleting Original Table
                            $db->misc('DROP TABLE '.$table['Name']);
                            ## Renaming Temporary Table
                            $db->misc('ALTER TABLE '.$table['Name'].'_utf8 RENAME TO '.$table['Name']);
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            $_SESSION['setup']['db_converted'] = true;
        }

## Updates from version 3
        if (!$_SESSION['setup']['config_converted'] && version_compare($current, '4.0.0', '<')) {

## Version 3: Upgrade config data
            $config_string = $db->select('CubeCart_config', array('array'), array('name' => 'config'));
            if ($config_string) {
                $old_config = unserialize($config_string[0]['array']);
                foreach ($old_config as $key => $value) {
                    $new_config[base64_decode($key)] = stripslashes(base64_decode($value));
                }
                $db->update('CubeCart_config', array('array' => base64_encode(json_encode($new_config))), array('name' => 'config'));

}
            $_SESSION['setup']['short_lang_identifier'] = $new_config['defaultLang'];
            unset($old_config, $new_config, $config_string);

• 2 months later...

Still having this issue. Would love to upgrade to 6.1.14 and stop having the "WARNING: Your store appears to be using source code from 6.1.14 but the database is still at 6.0.5. Please complete the upgrade by running the setup process."

It is almost impossible to say what is causing your issue based on the information we have to date.  It could be lack of Server resources, it could be that the files haven’t been correctly updated (a manual upgrade instead of the built in admin function is the only reliable way to upgrade)or it could be any number of other causes.

If you previously tried to follow the Admin upgrade, then I suggest that you try a manual upgrade from scratch

Ian

16 hours ago, havenswift-hosting said:

It is almost impossible to say what is causing your issue based on the information we have to date.  It could be lack of Server resources, it could be that the files haven’t been correctly updated (a manual upgrade instead of the built in admin function is the only reliable way to upgrade)or it could be any number of other causes.

If you previously tried to follow the Admin upgrade, then I suggest that you try a manual upgrade from scratch

Ian

How do I do a manual upgrade without losing all of the changes/customization that I've done?

• 2 years later...