Is it possible to Calculate Shipping and Collect payment through the site on a admin created order?

twistedsymphony

I sell 3D printed items and a I get a lot of requests for custom orders for things that I don't normally sell through my site. or a lot of time people will want to order items that aren't currently in stock.

I can go into the admin panel and "Create" and order which is great but then there doesn't seem to be any way for it to use my USPS module to calculate shipping, nor is there any way for me to send that invoice to my customer so that they can send payment through the site.

Is there an option I'm missing to do this? If not is there a module that allows for me to do this.

My idea situation would be this:

1. I'd select an existing customer.

2. I'd create an order for that customer after which they would be sent an email informing them that their invoice is ready

3. they'd click a a link in that email and be taken to the site where they can confirm or change the shipping address/ have shipping calculated for them using my shipping module/ submit their payment through my payment gateway.

4. the order would continue like any other order at that point.

There is this:

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/enhanced-admin-order-entry

However, there is no confirmation that an order created by this module would be eligible for the Customer to execute the "Complete Payment" action in their Order History page of their Account Settings - but I see no reason why this would not be the case.

There is also no mention of a means of notifying the customer that there is a new order ready to have them execute the "Complete Payment" action. Perhaps the author of this module could clarify this feature, or have it added if necessary.

This plugin does everything that you are looking to do (and a lot more !).  The ability for the customer to complete payment after the admin has entered the order was added in the latest release (this is not a trivial piece of functionality !).  As with all of our plugins, you can install a fully working 7 day trial to check it does everything that you need

Ian

Nice functionality and something we can use. Does it automatically calculate the shipping costs based on the combined product weights and call the store shipping module to provide us the UPS Ground or Expedited for Intl rates?

Also another feature that we were looking at is a line for providing store credit from a previous order or apply a credit balance to a current order.

6 hours ago, havenswift-hosting said:

The ability for the customer to complete payment after the admin has entered the order was added in the latest release (this is not a trivial piece of functionality !). 

Thanks for the clarification. this is the biggest thing I'm looking for and it wasn't apparent if that was included reading the link above.

I'll definitely be giving your plugin a try!

Ian,

The plugin works great. I entered an order with multiple items and it automatically provided the shipping rates which was great. I tried a line item (non-product) to give a credit balance from a previous order. It didnt work out great. The totals were correct but the field behaved erratic. 

Question .. how does the customer go and look at the order? login and check? because no emails go out for orders in a pending state. I went ahead and saved it as order received, and the customer received an email. 

We also provided the customer a % discount and all of the totals looked perfect in the email. When the user clicked on the link to the order, everything shows up but the discount did not display, however the totals were correct. When the Print Order is clicked, the Print Order form looks perfect including the discount.

Will purchase the module now. Does a pretty good job. Thanks BSmither for pointing this out. 

@twistedsymphony - if you have any questions, please feel free to ask - a ticket via our website is likely to get seen quicker but a reply on here or a PM is fine

@jka - thanks for the vote of confidence in the plugin and for buying it.  As you discovered, the plugin calculates tax and shipping using what is already configured within your store.  In terms of the customer seeing the order, yes they need to login and then it will appear on their Account | Order History page with an option to Complete Payment. An option to send the customer an email at the point when the admin user has created it would be an option that could be added - it would need a new template plus the ability to select on an order by order basis whether this email should be sent. With regard to the credit balance issue - I have opened a support ticket for you as will need to understand from you in more detail what you are doing and what the problem is

Ian

Ian, The plugin is great. It gives so much abilities for us to process through the admin front-end. What I was referring to is probably a feature that in the future can evolve. As of today, there are options to cancel an order and refund. However, in some cases, customers can change orders or cancel an order and reapply the credit from the cancelled order to a new order without necessarily going through additional card processing. In some case, this is a even swap with existing amount or in other cases, its a order swap but the client needs to pay the difference. Right now, this ability is not seamless through the system. We end up processing this differential charge and reconciliation offline.

• 11 months later...

Hello folks at Havenswift Hosting....

We have tried to send multiple emails to you folks. We bought this enhanced admin order entry extension to try it out and dont use it as it doesnt completely cover our needs. However we keep getting renewal emails from your system with invoices (Inv# ES-999) as well as asking us to login to your client area in your website. 

We have not created any account on your website and do not want to create one. Can someone please remove us from your systems so that it does not keep sending us invoices, reminders etc. Sorry, we have to ask through this forums as our previous direct emails have not yielded any results.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, jka said:

We have tried to send multiple emails to you folks.

We received one email regarding the invoice you mention very late last night (about the same time this was posted).  No other emails and more importantly, no support ticket or contact via our site.

9 hours ago, jka said:

We bought this enhanced admin order entry extension to try it out and dont use it as it doesnt completely cover our needs.

In at least two answers in this thread alone, you say the plugin is great and covers so many features !  You do make a comment about functionality to provide credit for cancelled orders to re-apply to future orders but this is more of an accounting feature rather than a shopping cart one and is nothing at all to do with the admin entry of orders which our plugin facilitates.

If you don’t want to carry on using it, then that of course is your choice.

9 hours ago, jka said:

We have not created any account on your website and do not want to create one. Can someone please remove us from your systems so that it does not keep sending us invoices, reminders etc.

When you purchased the extension through the CubeCart Marketplace, we take the information provided by CubeCart and open an account on your behalf.  You received an email notifying you of this, another telling you your password and a third for a support ticket opened on your behalf which contained the licence code for the plugin you had just bought (so you could use what you had just paid for !) and explaining the whole process.

As you have no identifying details of who you are in your username (not that we could or would try to connect this to an account in our system anyway), you simply need to go to our website, login using your account details and request a cancellation of this service.  If you also require your account to be closed, then you can also request this be done. We quite obviously cannot make any changes to any account (especially cancel a service or close an account) on the basis of an anonymous request on a third party website

Ian

We sent an email on Dec 10 to your admin email as well as your support email, which bounces. Did you read your last 3 lines properly??? So, you are not able to cancel based on anonymous posts at this forum ... agreed. But you were able to create an account and open a support ticket yourself and link it to a purchase based on an anonymous post here???

We did not create an account, you folks did it. Buying an extension here shouldn’t be creating accounts on multiple systems.

Please treat or respond to our email and cancel our support etc. 

FYI, we did like your extension but decided not to use it. We have bought other extensions here to try them out but don’t use them either. It’s ok to try products. It’s not ok to then be asked to login to other websites and then cancel accounts which we didn’t create.

Archived