SSL certificate

tinytoes

With google forcing us to switch from http to https does cubecart by any chance have a way to install one - i did one via my host but allegedly mine isn't signed by a trusted signer so it fails.

I am just wondering what other way i can do it , as i have a i in a circle saying unsecured - this isn't technically true as credit cards / payments are handle by paypal and a customer would be directed to their page wouldn't they ( which is secure ) then go back to my page as such when finished ?

It is just a big heachace as my site does have a self install one as such 

Any suggestions guys ?

Ignore this post guys , i looked in store settings , is a actual SSL setting says enable ssl - so put enable , hopefully this will sort it now ?

A SSL protects you and your site visitors from far more than just the payment side of things which is why Google are now flagging sites as inscure if they don’t have a valid certificate.  It sounds like you have a self signed certificate installed which was probably one of the worst ideas ever thought of and something that should have been removed from Hosting environments years ago.  You install a SSL at the Hosting level (it isn’t something CubeCart or any other application can sort out) and there are a big range of options that may or may not be available from your Hosting company and so you should speak to them to enquiry what is possible

Ian