Migrating from localhost to main server

peterp

Hi All,

I have been developing a site using a localhost while the client organized his hosting etc., now I want to know do I have to re do all of my changes after installing the latest cubecart or can I simply ftp the whole localhost directory cubecart programs and files to the public_HTML folder on the new server, I can copy the database this should not be an issue/

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Best Regards,

Peterp

FTP the entire local folder to the destination folder. However, you should not FTP the /cache/ and /images/cache/ folder.

During local development, especially if you were using 127.0.0.1, you may have the local URL in the /includes/global.inc.php file. Remove or comment out those variables. CubeCart will figure out for itself where it is.

Hi Peter

Also ensure that when you create the database on the new hosting, you must use the exact same database name, database user and password or more likely what you will need to do (some Hosting systems will enforce a naming convention, at least in part) is update the /includes/global.inc.php file with the newly created database details

Ian

Hi All,

I have done as was suggested and unfortunately I have received this error (See Below)

I have checked everything but obviously I'm missing something, the database name is the same the user is the same and I'm still getting this error.

I have changed /includes/global.inc.php file multiple times without success.

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated

The version of cubecart we are using is 6.1.12. as a side note when we are successful with the initial install we will be upgrading to the latest version before any extra work is done.

Hope somebody can help.

Best regards,

peterp

workgearselect.com.au error.png

When your installation was on a local server (localhost), then the globals.inc.php value for 'dbhost' was probably "localhost" or "127.0.0.1", or maybe did point to another database server somewhere.

Now on a main server (hosted?) the 'dbhost' might still be "localhost", but the database server is probably a different server. As such, that server may have user<=>database access permissions that need to be set. These access permissions are at the database server level and do not carry over from the actual database (collection of tables).