Trouble accessing site

Hello,

I installed Cubecart 6 and I believe I set everything up correctly.  The store URL is http://theflyingkolache.com/cube. When I enter “theflyingkolache.com”, the page that comes up is the “Directory Listing” showing the folder named “cube”. When I do a Redirect to http://theflyingkolache.com/cube, I get the following page; “This page isn’t working” “theflyingkolache.com redirected you too many times.” “Try clearing your cookies.” “ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”  I have racked my brain for 3 days on this.  Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome Harvey Forman! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I see that you have chosen a hosting provider that has installed some sort of anti-scrape feature on the web server. The hosting provider may have also installed an overly-aggressive server-level caching mechanism, and maybe a URL rewrite directive in the web server's config file (as opposed to a specific rewrite directive in the .htaccess file that should appear in CubeCart's main folder).

When asking for your main site, the reason you get the directory listing is because there are no documents that the web server has been told to look for in the absence of any specifically-named document (index.php, index.html, default.asp, etc). Additionally, the web server has not been given the directive IndexIgnore * (or whatever it would be for the web server in use).

I would encourage you to discuss with your hosting provider these possible issues.

• Like 1

Hi Harvey

If you don’t have a specific reason for installing it in the /cube sub-directory, then move all contents from that directory up one level to the root level. This type of installation is often done using one of the installation tools such as Softaculous and often causes more problems.

Ian

On 1/11/2018 at 6:01 PM, bsmither said:

Welcome Harvey Forman! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I see that you have chosen a hosting provider that has installed some sort of anti-scrape feature on the web server. The hosting provider may have also installed an overly-aggressive server-level caching mechanism, and maybe a URL rewrite directive in the web server's config file (as opposed to a specific rewrite directive in the .htaccess file that should appear in CubeCart's main folder).

When asking for your main site, the reason you get the directory listing is because there are no documents that the web server has been told to look for in the absence of any specifically-named document (index.php, index.html, default.asp, etc). Additionally, the web server has not been given the directive IndexIgnore * (or whatever it would be for the web server in use).

I would encourage you to discuss with your hosting provider these possible issues.

Thanks for the help.  It is appreciated.

On 1/11/2018 at 6:25 PM, havenswift-hosting said:

Hi Harvey

If you don’t have a specific reason for installing it in the /cube sub-directory, then move all contents from that directory up one level to the root level. This type of installation is often done using one of the installation tools such as Softaculous and often causes more problems.

Ian

Thanks Ian,

I reinstalled it at the upper level as you suggested and it is working fine now.  

Thanks for the help,

-Harvey