Whitescreen on desktop version of site

niallB

Hi

I cleared the cache and image cache and now I'm getting a blank screen on the desktop version of site. The mobile version is still working though. I tried upgrading to version 6.13,  but still no joy.  I tryed checking the error log but it keeps showing a spinning circle and not allowing me to access "admin error log" or "system error log" The "system error log" is showing that there's a number of errors but as I said I can't access it

You can get into CubeCart's administration, and you do see some info on the dashboard - like the sales history chart. That says that javascript has not crashed.

However, the entries in the System Error Log is 'paginated'. That screen will show only 25 records at a time. CubeCart should not take long at all to draw those pages.

You say there is a problem with one of the skins (not a responsive skin, and not the Mobile skin. Or, are you saying that you are using a responsive skin but the wide layout is not showing while the small-width layout is showing?

Will you please create the error_log. This is something in addition to CubeCart's log screens.

Let's work through these.

In CubeCart's main folder, make sure you have only one administrative folder. The error log seems to suggest you have two. Or perhaps, when you upgraded, the SETUP changed the name of the admin folder.

Anyway, there was a "permission denied" event when the Maintenance routine tried to decompress a downloaded package. So. I think the admin /sources/maintenance.index.inc.php did not get upgraded, and there may be a permissions issue somewhere.

Try downloading the CC6.1.13 package to your computer, unzip it locally, rename the admin folder to what you already have, rename the admin.php file to what you already have, then FTP the whole thing to your site.

One of the latest problems logged in the error_log file is fixed here:
https://github.com/cubecart/v6/commit/4b4da87ff292985a410c5d2822fe49379f09ceb8

Here is something to look into:

PHP Warning:  get_headers() : http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0
in /classes/catalogue.class.php on line 392

This statement is trying to get an avatar image to place alongside product reviews left by certain customers.

This is a warning, so it will not crash PHP.

But you may want to discuss this with your hosting provider.

You may want to double-check to make sure you have the latest version of the SagePay module.

Examine the file /includes/global.inc.php. There will be one variable for the admin folder and one variable for the admin.php script file.

Other than those two specific names, you can delete all other admin folders and script files that starts with admin.

Niall

The files with "enc" in them are old encoded V5 ones and can / should be deleted.  The existence of the other admin folders and files shows that updates that you have done have not been completed correctly (done via the update button rather than manually ?) and you should follow Brian's advice for deleting all the ones that are used.  I would also recommend that you upload the admin folder and admin.php again to ensure that you have the correct ones loaded as almost certainly you will have a mixture of versions.

So admin.php from the zip should be uploaded over admin_XXXXXX.php

and the /admin folder contents should all be uploaded into the admin_YYYYYY directory

Ian

If they are in the /cache directory then yes, they can be deleted but there is no need (unless you know that changes you have made need the cache clearing to take effect) as they will simply be recreated again.  If you are saying these are in the top level directory in the same place we have been talking about with the admin files etc, then there is something very wrong !

"when i reduce screen size it still doesn't show"

FYI: That's because you are not using a 'responsive' skin. A responsive skin can tell what the screen size is at, and adjust its layout accordingly. You are using a skin that is not responsive, and when CubeCart detects a page request from a mobile device (using the 'User-Agent string'), will use the mobile-designated skin - again, not responsive.

So, is the store viewable? No blank screens as was initially mentioned?

Regarding the errors, there was a change that affected this statement: from CC614 to CC615. I recommend you compare the file at this line number between what you have currently on your site, and the file in a CC6113 package.

• 3 weeks later...