Royal Mail (UK) - Despatch Manager Online

naturalsigns

Hi All, (well, one for the UK Merchants really)

Is anyone familiar with the Royal Mail "Despatch Manager Online" https://www.royalmail.com/corporate/services/despatch-manager-online or Royal Mail Click and Drop https://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/Connecting your Shopify store to Click and Drop_0.pdf .  (I think DMO is being phased out in favour of the new Click and Drop).

It has the ability to link to an existing ecommerce store and sync orders / book delivery with royal mail services.  It comes with existing integrations for Amazon, BigCommerce, ebay, shopify and Magento. 

A friend of mind who uses shopify says it works flawlessly and saves loads of time. 

An API is available for additional ecommerce integrations, and there is loads of help files for development.  Is anyone looking to add this extension?, I would consider sponsoring the development as I think for UK customers it would be a great addition.

Thanks in advance, Rob

Hi Rob

This is something we did as a V5 custom integration for a client a few years back and they were using it exclusively on their very busy (several hundred orders per day) store for quite a while.  They have moved away from CubeCart now and have released this back to us but I havent looked at it in several years and have no idea whether it will work OK with current V6 although I would suspect that the vast majority of it will be fine although I remember that development and especially testing was pretty complex for a shipping module so it will need some time to look into it and validate it works again.

Ian

• 10 months later...

I never heard back from Rob or anyone else regarding this and so with pressure of work, did nothing else with it.  As I said previously, the plugin we developed worked extremely well at the time but it hasnt been looked at since and will no doubt need some work to bring it up to date with any API changes.  If you want to register as a client on our site and create a support ticket, we can carry on the conversation there

Ian

Archived