Serial Numbers and Warranties

Gord

I'm extremely new to CubeCart but have experience with PHP and MySQL.  Mostly copy and paste engineering.

I'm looking to have a table with serial numbers to be inserted when the order is being completed and warranty records. I'm not sure when or where to put the hooks in and would love any feedback.

Welcome Gord! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

I think I understand what you want, but we need to get more specific.

Exactly what is happening before and after this event is to take place - where in the complete timeline of any given order?

For example, "the order is being completed" can mean either:
* the customer is finalizing the transaction and will soon have access to a printable receipt, or
* the admin is moving the order to the Complete status

Do you already have a database table with serial numbers associated with a given product_id? Will they be 'consumed' when inventory is sold/shipped?

Or will serial numbers be dynamically generated as inventory is sold/shipped and they need to be logged somewhere?

I haven't added a table yet. Still trying to figure out where to add it. What I'd like to do is track the serial number of the product we ship. So when the admin is moving the order to the completed status I'd like to insert that value into a table. The goal is to be able to contact them in 11 months to let them know it's time to order again.