Problem with Product Images

pmailes1

I have been adding new products to my cart.  Images that I added within the last two weeks have disappeared with image area displaying "No Image Available".  If I try to add the images again or add a new image to any new product it appears to upload ok but it does not display on the live web page as per the attached screen grab.

Any ideas whyat is going on?

Thanks

Cubecart image error.png

Thanks for the response but I am not a code writer so I have absolutely no idea how to perform the task that you have asked me to do.  I have looked at the existing error logs and have copied these below in case they may be of use identifying the problem:

Cubecart error log.png

The above error messages seem to be caused by the database you are using having a faulty or non-existent FULLTEXT KEY attribute on the CubeCart_inventory table.

This error appears when CubeCart has constructed a query to search the database looking for 'fobs'. The query wants to use an aspect of the CubeCart_inventory table, an index of the type FULLTEXT that contains a quick lookup table, where finding 'fob' will happen very much faster than otherwise.

This does not explain, however, why you are having difficulties with getting images to be associated with products.

Maybe there is another error in the database "schema".

What does admin, Maintenance, Database tab show?

If Bsmither has picked up on something technical, then I'd take his judgement over mine any day.

However, I took a sneaky peak on your web and can see that some product images portray ??

Maybe if this was a database error, would it not affect all images. ???

Do the missing images exist in the images/source folder (view using ftp or cpanel/plesk file manager.)

What size were those images, there's a limitation of about 350mb IIRC. if you exceed this limit, the cart will appear to upload them, but then put a X in the upload box, which is really easy to miss. I've fallen for it a few times.

Did you move any images to another folder.

Edited by keat

nothing to see Phil

In your cubecart admin panel, find a product with a missing image and temporarily allocate an image that you know works.

for example, allocate the black retractable lanyard image to the cab carabiner keyring (as per your image in post 1)

Edited by keat

Tried this and exactly the same.  The image that is associated with the product is shown to the right of the images file.

Below is the information I was referring to this morning.  It would seem that when I tried to copy and paste this it was blocked by IE saying something about AxtiveXPicture7.thumb.png.d813e7dc2b7ae0ad16c943484ccf08c8.png

From that product's Image FilePicker, note the name of the image file assigned.

Look in the folder /images/cache/. Determine if there is a set of images having the same filename but with .200, .400, .600, etc whatever, just before the .php suffix.

If not, then CubeCart isn't able to make those derivative images based from the source image.

If so, then CubeCart is faulting trying to find those derivatives, and getting an incorrect answer when the filename is calculated.

We may need to do a deep analysis of your CubeCart installation. Your situation is not one I have come across before.

Send me a PM with your email address and we will do some troubleshooting.

I worked with @pmailes1 on this today. There were a number of issues with mix of v3 and v6 code and some bad database indexes. The images didn't load because a development store was sharing the same database. So if a product was edited on the dev store it also changed on the production store with missing image!

All very confusing but resolved now.