I need help with tax-inclusive pricing. - Not yet - seems there is a plug-in.

ploughguy

Update - kind people have very gently pointed me to a plugin that I had somehow missed.

Disregard this until further notice.

R

To be compliant with Australian tax law, I need to be able to reliably deliver tax-inclusive prices, line totals, subtotals, totals and total tax amounts that add up and don't have any rounding errors introduced by quantities, discounts and option supplements.  This is harder than it looks.

I don't need per-item taxes, just everything tax-inclusive and a "total includes tax of $x.xx" at the bottom of the page.

In my 4.3.4 store I doctored the cart calculations to work in tax-inc numbers.  It has been faultless for 8 years.  Which is why I am still running 4.3.4.  Attempts to work with tax-ex numbers and add the tax in later invariably led to totals that were a cent or so out for some edge cases or totals that did not agree with the sum of the parts.  Very unattractive on a legal document.

I need a solution for CC 6.1 that guarantees correct tax-inc line totals, subtotals, totals and tax amounts that all add up with no rounding errors, no missing cents and everything compliant and customer friendly.

Any thoughts?

PS - I know people in Australia use CC as it is.  This is permitted for Business-to-Business stores (such as my packaging supplier) because I am not the consumer, and the tax I pay to him is credited against the tax I collect from the consumer.  It is also permitted for retail business with a turnover of less than $50k per annum, aka a hobby.  However, any Australian using such stores will be somewhat annoyed by the Bistromath on the invoice - it is not considered a good look - unprofessional.  Un-Australian and all that.  If it has five bucks written on it, then five bucks is what we pay.

Edited by ploughguy