Edit Order Date

Carlos Martins

Welcome Carlos Martins! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Only two or three database columns store a date as a SQL DATE/TIME value. The other 'time'-related columns are "UNIX timestamps" - the number of seconds since Jan1,1970.

There are PHP functions that take this number, and a "pattern", as arguments, and give back a phrase. The phrase can be 'fuzzy' (Yesterday, two weeks ago, etc) or absolute (4 Feb, 2018).

Edited by bsmither
  • Like 1

Thank you both for the quick reply! :)

bsmither - Is there a reason why the SQL Date/Time value isn't the table field standard?Why are "UNIX timestamps" used instead? It doesn't make sense to me using two formats.....

I also read this while looking for info : 
"Many Unix systems store epoch dates as a signed 32-bit integer, which might cause problems on January 19, 2038 (known as the Year 2038 problem or Y2038). "

havenswift-hosting - Thank you! The Epoch Converter did the trick!!

Best regards,
Carlos

Edited by Carlos Martins

I wonder why unix timestamps aren't the standard. PHP has so many functions that use this value.

A "human-readable" DATE/TIME SQL-language column storage type (I suppose) can be used with other SQL functions in SQL queries executing in SQL database servers.

I am not 100% conversant with SQL DATE/TIME data types, but it seems to me that this value represents a date/time corresponding to some timezone that may be revealed later or not. I do not know about that.

I have not double-checked CubeCart's schema for integer columns used for unix timestamps for their state of being unsigned or signed.