Stripe

CubeCart Bot

• 2 months later...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

having just added stripe for the first time, it appears to work, test data suggests the payment is processed but from the store on entering the payment information i just go to a blank screen - i do not get a payment confirmation or returned to the store - any ideas please?

Resolved.

Blank screen if you implement the extension, put Stripe in test mode and use real card details.

Full test card details available at https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards use the right one for the country or specific test you want to carry out and it works fine.

Edited by webspinning

• 6 months later...

After upgrading a couple of clients to use the new version, both of these were receiving many multiple, duplicated payments for order - probably about 50% of orders were having payments taken 2, 3 or even 4 times and so needed refunding - is anyone else using this latest version and seeing this behaviour ?

See https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2342

Yes .. I did a test with my info and clicked the submit payment button once and it seemed nothing was happening so I clicked it again.  It processed the payment twice.  I added at note to the screen.

Click the above "Submit Payment' button ONCE only.  Do not use the back button. Please do not exit from this page while your order is processing.

We tried the SCA version of Stripe and this was the result..

An error was shown..  invalid positive integer

And the Stripe error log shows a 400 error

ID
req_DexTPX1qLnVixx
Time
29/07/2019, 10:32:19
Method
/v1/payment_intents
Status
Version
2019-05-16 (latest)
Source
Stripe/v1 PhpBindings/6.40.0

The version upto 2.1.2 is ok.

Any ideas,

Edit.......

After a bit more testing its sending a 0 amount to Stripe for some unknown reason.

{

"receipt_email": "false",

"description": "Payment for order ",

"payment_method": "pm_1F1Yc6KToxFjBSv69oAeaHxx",

"amount": "0",

"currency": "gbp",

"confirmation_method": "manual",

"confirm": "true"

}

Paul.

Edited by Ferguson
add info.

I'm new to Stripe.

Can someone explain the "Capture the charge" option?

After reading this page https://stripe.com/en-hk/guides/sca-payment-flows , I assume that:
- Capture the charge = Yes    requires instant payment
- Capture the charge = No     leaves 7 days to the buyer for paying, so that the can for instance recharge its debit card (prepaid Mastercard/Visa/...).

I assume the easy way when selling items is setting "Capture the charge" to "Yes", even if this can make loose some potential buyers.

Is my understanding correct ?

In the credit card transaction world, there are two parts to charging a credit card: the "Authorization" and the "Capture".

The Authorization (when the restaurant server brings you the charge slip to sign, or a hotel has 'claimed' your room rates for your stay at registration) has placed a 'hold' on your credit card account for the amount of money to be transacted. In this state, you can add your gratuity, adjust for actual shipping charges, or whatever else is necessary. The hold may last a few hours to a few weeks, after which your bank will remove the hold automatically, and may be immediately cancelled manually.

The Capture is when the whole system is given the go-ahead to actually move the money out of the credit card account (or rather, adding to the card's debt balance) and into the merchant's account.

Making the Authorization and Capture happen at the same time is almost always what I have seen when shopping online -- and what I suspect almost all online shoppers expect to happen.

Edited by bsmither

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Ferguson did you ever get to the bottom of the "invalid positive integer" issue - we have a client that is also reporting this for a number, but not all, order payments via Stripe.  It is caused as you said by a payment amount of 0 being sent to Stripe but havent yet figured out how that is happening - did you get anywhere or did you revert back to 2.2.1 ?

On 9/18/2019 at 8:18 AM, havenswift-hosting said:

@Ferguson did you ever get to the bottom of the "invalid positive integer" issue - we have a client that is also reporting this for a number, but not all, order payments via Stripe.  It is caused as you said by a payment amount of 0 being sent to Stripe but havent yet figured out how that is happening - did you get anywhere or did you revert back to 2.2.1 ?

No sorry we are back on an older version.

To test for the zero amount error use Firefox ESR edition this shows the problem on a more regular basis.

Regards,

Paul.

Edited by Ferguson

• 5 months later...

I would like to add something:

A feature I have seen in the Stripe module on other Ecommerce scripts, adding Bancontact to the list of cards, this was supposed to be done if you had customers in Belgium (which I do).

But, on the other hand, I also have the issue that Stripe does not display anything about available cards, all I have on the checkout page is a radio button with the word "Stripe" next to it.

Edited by M6VMO

Unfortunately, with CubeCart 6, an image of a sequence of card images is not included (I couldn't find one). So, you will probably need to search for an image or make one yourself. Search Google's Images page for credit card icons. Then build your set using a graphics editing program.

Then, unfortunately, CubeCart has not included in all gateway modules the phrase that explains the asterisk next to the Description legend for that field. However, I see that the phrase should be getting shown for Stripe:
* It is possible to either enter text such as "Credit Card" or enter a file path to an image.

Place the custom image in Stripe's /admin/ folder, and enter /modules/gateway/Stripe/admin/image_name.jpg in the Description field of Stripe's config screen.

Now, that image should appear on the checkout page.

Edited by bsmither

But unfortunately the solution didn't work.

I made an image, uploaded it to the folder you told me to upload it to and put the path in the plugin settings, but the page then just shiws the radio buttin.

I used the same dimensions for the image as the Paypal one: 319x83.

Regards,

Please note that the text entry I gave above starts with a slash. This tells the browser to use that (static) path by immediately appending it following the domain name part of the web address - excluding any sub-folder.

That means, if the CubeCart installation is sitting in a sub-directory, for example /cube/, then the complete web address for the image will not be where the image is actually located.

There are three  solutions: Fix the static path, enter a complete web address, or enter a relative path.

To fix the static path, prepend what was given above with /cube

A complete web address would be: //www.mydomain.com/cube/modules/gateway/Stripe/admin/image_name.jpg Note the missing protocol (http or https). This allows the browser to use the same protocol as was used to get the web page. Otherwise, the browser might complain about mixed content.

A relative path would be: modules/gateway/Stripe/admin/image_name.jpg Note the absence of a leading slash. Using other indicators in the web page, the browser can usually construct a complete web address from the parts - including the proper inclusion of the sub-directory.

Edited by bsmither

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having problems with this extension also. Have used test data in test mode and a real card in live mode and on each occasion I get the following message under the card details input box that says: 'The value must be greater than or equal to 1'.

Transaction does not complete in test or live mode. SSL is enabled on the domain.  Using stripe version 2.2.2 on Cubecart V6.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hi all. 

I am using stripe for a while now with no issue.

The only thing I am looking for is for the ability to have digital wallets to be executed during the payment.

E.g. instead of needing to input the credit card details- either google pay or apple pay would be triggered on mobile phone transactions.

Is this available now on the cubecart-stripe integration?

Thank you.

Hello,is it possible to use other stripe payment methods or is cubecart stripe gateway working only for card payment ? I am confused,because I activated more payment options at stripe account,but on checkout for is available only credit card payment.How is it working ?