Stripe

CubeCart Bot

I am still in test mode for stripe payments, in case this has any bearing.

Stripe warns that if the payment is made in a currency different to the cardholders card, they will be subject to additional charges.

I set up multi currencies in Cubecart, but when it comes to making the payment through Stripe, it reverts to the base currency instead of the currency the purchaser has selected. How can I make Stripe payment in the same currency as the cart currency?

Thanks

19 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I set up multi currencies in Cubecart, but when it comes to making the payment through Stripe, it reverts to the base currency instead of the currency the purchaser has selected. How can I make Stripe payment in the same currency as the cart currency?

As it stands, the multi currency option in CubeCart is simply for display / reference purposes- all current payment gateway modules only charge in the store base currency.  It isn’t too difficult to amend a gateway plugin to use the customer selected currency for billing but there are many other areas that will still record the amount in the store base currency

On 11/22/2020 at 7:39 PM, havenswift-hosting said:

As it stands, the multi currency option in CubeCart is simply for display / reference purposes- all current payment gateway modules only charge in the store base currency.  It isn’t too difficult to amend a gateway plugin to use the customer selected currency for billing but there are many other areas that will still record the amount in the store base currency

That creates a problem for my customers.

I don't see the problem with Cubecart internally keeping everything in the base currency (in fact, this would probably be preferred), but using Stripes multi-currency function to charge in the customers selected currency.

If I make the store base currency US$, everything looks fine. If the customer changes to Australian Dollars, everything is displayed as A$. So far, so good.

Then, they come to checkout, and the charging silently reverts to US$, but Stripe only shows as $. This is not unexpected for a US company, but, terrible for the customer. Unless the customer is fully aware, they might think that they are still getting charged in A$, until they get their statement from the credit card provider and get hit with the currency exchange charges.

It seems to me be a huge deficiency in the payment system that vastly reduces the suitability of Cubecart for multi-currency use.

:end of rant.

• 1 year later...

I've just received an email from Stripe suggesting I "Migrate to the Payment Element". Is this possible with the current plugin?

Migrate to the Payment Element

You can start accepting all these payment methods on Stripe using the Payment Element or Checkout. Both options support 20+ payment methods: Simply turn new payment methods on from the Dashboard—no code required—and Stripe will dynamically show the ones most likely to improve conversion.

Edited by vidmarc

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, DavidK said:

Hello,is it possible to use other stripe payment methods or is cubecart stripe gateway working only for card payment ?

Same question.  I am new to Stripe.  I am using "Checkout" on their Gateway and am only presented with Credit Card and GPay, not ACH even though I've configured it on my Stripe Dashboard.

Edited by stevebo

• 8 months later...
On 11/26/2022 at 5:30 PM, stevebo said:

Same question.  I am new to Stripe.  I am using "Checkout" on their Gateway and am only presented with Credit Card and GPay, not ACH even though I've configured it on my Stripe Dashboard.

On 11/26/2022 at 5:30 PM, stevebo said:

Hello??? no answer to this anyone?... why are all stripe plugins, no matter what the platform, so restricting in the payment methods they offer.

Stripe offer so many ways to pay so how come we are reduced to 1 single method lol