Sign in to follow this  
CubeCart Bot

Stripe

We would ask that you verify the following (even so, might not be what's wrong):

1. Your browser has not blocked javascript from running from the source https://js.stripe.com/v3/

2. Your site is running under https security.

having just added stripe for the first time, it appears to work, test data suggests the payment is processed but from the store on entering the payment information i just go to a blank screen - i do not get a payment confirmation or returned to the store - any ideas please?

Resolved.

Blank screen if you implement the extension, put Stripe in test mode and use real card details.

Full test card details available at https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards use the right one for the country or specific test you want to carry out and it works fine.

Edited by webspinning

After upgrading a couple of clients to use the new version, both of these were receiving many multiple, duplicated payments for order - probably about 50% of orders were having payments taken 2, 3 or even 4 times and so needed refunding - is anyone else using this latest version and seeing this behaviour ?

See https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2342

Yes .. I did a test with my info and clicked the submit payment button once and it seemed nothing was happening so I clicked it again.  It processed the payment twice.  I added at note to the screen.

Click the above "Submit Payment' button ONCE only.  Do not use the back button. Please do not exit from this page while your order is processing.

Thanks Claudia - tests by Al and also looking at "Smartlook" recordings for some of these clients do indicate multiple clicks by impatient users - Al has released a new version of the Stripe payment gateway and the two clients are testing this and so far havent reported any issues

Ian

Posted (edited)

We tried the SCA version of Stripe and this was the result..

An error was shown..  invalid positive integer

And the Stripe error log shows a 400 error

ID
req_DexTPX1qLnVixx
Time
29/07/2019, 10:32:19
Method
/v1/payment_intents
Status
Version
2019-05-16 (latest)
Source
Stripe/v1 PhpBindings/6.40.0

The version upto 2.1.2 is ok.

Any ideas,

Edit.......

After a bit more testing its sending a 0 amount to Stripe for some unknown reason.

{

"receipt_email": "false",

"description": "Payment for order ",

"payment_method": "pm_1F1Yc6KToxFjBSv69oAeaHxx",

"amount": "0",

"currency": "gbp",

"confirmation_method": "manual",

"confirm": "true"

}

Paul.

Edited by Ferguson
add info.

I'm new to Stripe.

Can someone explain the "Capture the charge" option?

After reading this page https://stripe.com/en-hk/guides/sca-payment-flows , I assume that:
- Capture the charge = Yes    requires instant payment
- Capture the charge = No     leaves 7 days to the buyer for paying, so that the can for instance recharge its debit card (prepaid Mastercard/Visa/...).

I assume the easy way when selling items is setting "Capture the charge" to "Yes", even if this can make loose some potential buyers.

Is my understanding correct ?

Posted (edited)

In the credit card transaction world, there are two parts to charging a credit card: the "Authorization" and the "Capture".

The Authorization (when the restaurant server brings you the charge slip to sign, or a hotel has 'claimed' your room rates for your stay at registration) has placed a 'hold' on your credit card account for the amount of money to be transacted. In this state, you can add your gratuity, adjust for actual shipping charges, or whatever else is necessary. The hold may last a few hours to a few weeks, after which your bank will remove the hold automatically, and may be immediately cancelled manually.

The Capture is when the whole system is given the go-ahead to actually move the money out of the credit card account (or rather, adding to the card's debt balance) and into the merchant's account.

Making the Authorization and Capture happen at the same time is almost always what I have seen when shopping online -- and what I suspect almost all online shoppers expect to happen.

Edited by bsmither

Would someone please try Internet Explorer  11 with the latest version of the Stripe Payment Gateway.

Chrome and Firefox appear to be OK but with IE11 it waits forever and never completes  ....

Paul.

@Ferguson did you ever get to the bottom of the "invalid positive integer" issue - we have a client that is also reporting this for a number, but not all, order payments via Stripe.  It is caused as you said by a payment amount of 0 being sent to Stripe but havent yet figured out how that is happening - did you get anywhere or did you revert back to 2.2.1 ?

On 9/18/2019 at 8:18 AM, havenswift-hosting said:

@Ferguson did you ever get to the bottom of the "invalid positive integer" issue - we have a client that is also reporting this for a number, but not all, order payments via Stripe.  It is caused as you said by a payment amount of 0 being sent to Stripe but havent yet figured out how that is happening - did you get anywhere or did you revert back to 2.2.1 ?

No sorry we are back on an older version.

To test for the zero amount error use Firefox ESR edition this shows the problem on a more regular basis.

Regards,

Paul.

Edited by Ferguson