All in one shipping

CubeCart Bot

That would be in the AIOS module's control panel. On the admin Navigation pane, click the Manage Extensions. From the list of extensions shown, click the Edit icon for All in One Shipping.

On the module's administration control panel, General tab, Debugging, select "Debug Enabled (Verbose)".

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

From BSMITHERS October 2021.

"At the check out the packaging shipping weight is not shown in the total weight."

I can concur.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:58 AM, bsmither said:

"At the check out the packaging shipping weight is not shown in the total weight."

I can concur.

In the AIOS shipping class file, the basket details are copied into the class's parameters so that the class can incorporate the total product weight, basket sub-total, and count the number of products (optionally not count digital items).

What will need to happen is for the shipping module to change the basket details adding a calculated - likely a fixed - shipping carton weight to the basket's (total) 'weight'.

What needs to be verified is, how reliable will be this new weight value. If the basket 'weight' is calculated for every page load, then the reliability should be high. But if ever the shipping class is called to recalculate shipping costs where the basket 'weight' already includes a previous shipping weight addition, then there is now two additions.

Or, the shipping class can add a separate shipping weight detail to the basket. That would require a small edit to the checkout template, admin order summary page, and the database. Not needed anywhere else because the customer never sees how the shipping charges are calculated.

And then there needs to be consideration given to how to deal with the possibility that there may be more than one shipping module enabled, each advising the basket of their respective shipping carton weights.

I can raise a GitHub request for this issue.

• 4 months later...

How much would it take to make AIOS to be aware of width, height and depth for calculating shipping?

Would be nice to have as a option to calculate volume prices and be able to pegout product that are lenghty and set a different price. Are there more people interested in such a thing?

I have a friend that have a rather small webshop thats sells hamradios and accessory that i helped him to setup and this far it has not been a problem with the sizes of products but now he want to sell hamradio antennas and they are 120cm - 160cm long (for example 120cm x 12cm x 12cm can be sent rather cheap at $6, if the lenght is 121cm x 12cm x 12cm the price goes up from $6 to $26) so its very hard to use only weight bases rates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi - with the cyber 'incident' affecting Royal Mail international shipping I'd like to switch off all international shipping temporarily.  I can't see an option to do this without deleting zones or rates.  I'd just like to suspend them & reinstate once the Royal Mail issue is resolved.

Is there a simple way to do this that I'm missing please?

According to this issue in the Github:

https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/2754

a zone cannot be created against countries and counties/states that are not enabled.

However, the question remains, what if a country is later disabled, after a zone has been created for it? Will CubeCart still offer any shipping to a customer whose delivery address contains a disabled country/county/state?

Regardless, a means to enable/disable each already created zone is a nice idea.

Be back soon.

• Like 1

Here are instructions for code edits to the AIOS module. This adds a checkbox to each Shipping Zone on the Shipping Zones tab. Unchecking the box will have AIOS to not use that zone - while keeping all the shipping rates intact.

Please try these edits. Read through these instructions first, making sure you can identify where in the code the edits are to take place.

Make a backup of changed files.

AIOS_Suspend_Zones.txt

Just another thought: if you have no digital products (which would require no shipping anyway), maybe just make it unable to pay for the order if the delivery address is international.

In whatever Payment Gateway you use, the admin settings page has a tab for "Allowed Zones". Enter only those countries you are willing to ship to.

If the customer can't pay for the order, well......

Many thanks for this.  I'm pretty sure I have followed the instructions correctly.

I got a check box for each shipping zone   All unchecked.   I go to check the zones I want to ship to but the check doesn't stick.  The only one that will stick is Rest of the World.

I have reinstated the original files for now.

I thought so.  Ientered the following into the query box

ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_shipping_zones` ADD COLUMN `enabled` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `sort_order`;

It's borderline beyond me but I looked closer at the instructions & the info above the query box which stated the prefic was cc_ & changed it to

ALTER TABLE `cc_shipping_zones` ADD COLUMN `enabled` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1 AFTER `sort_order`;

I reinstated the edited files but got the same result.

EDIT: I have 5 shipping zones altogether - 3 of them overseas.

Edited by fettlebox

No  banners.   I took a look at phpmyadmin & can see my mistake.  I corrected to "cc_CubeCart_shipping_zones", reloaded the edited files & it works.   No banners though.  Thanks for your perseverance with me!

One thing I can't quite get my head around.  I have a 'No Shipping' zone with countries I won't ship to.   I guess that should be ticked?

A Zone, for whatever purpose (i.e., having countries), but no shipping rates for that zone, will not have any rates to offer the customer to choose.

Yes, the zone will match (Canada, for example), but there will be no rate available -- neither because, for any of the rates that could be supplied, none fit the conditions, nor because there are no rates at all. Thus (in later versions of AIOS), the module will try to match a rate's conditions listed in "Rest of World".

So, short answer, a zone with no rates is as good as being disabled (suspended), and as good as having been deleted, and as good as not having been created at all.

The point of the "Uncheck to Suspend" feature is to keep the zone with its list of rates intact, but to not use them.

• Like 1