Crosshatch

CubeCart Bot

• 2 years later...

This is by far the best Cube Cart Template available, some of the others are difficult to install and a slight upgrade of the Foundation template. Unfortunately this template does not display or work well on mobile devices.  Hopefully the creators of this template would be kind enough to make this more responsive  and a paid version which I'm sure everyone will support since it's one of the few that's worth paying for.

Welcome jkevin! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Crosshatch is a nice skin! (I personally prefer Kurouto, but, hey...)

Crosshatch was built for and shipped with CubeCart 5. The approach at that time was to make fixed-width skins, and rely on a separate skin designed specifically for mobile screens. (CubeCart has the necessary coding to detect and auto-switch to this Mobile skin.)

Still, the CC5 skins "for the most part" work with CC629. Unfortunately, CC6 features will not get back-ported to these CC5 skins. (Google's reCaptcha is the most immediately obvious feature that misbehaves.)

We can hope someone takes on the task.

There's been a big issue with skins in general for a while now, hit and miss support from outside developers and the default cubercart ones being "out dated".

Mobile is 50% of my traffic these days, if you don't cater to that in some way you're missing out. Alot of these older skins aren't really built with that in mind at all or at best an after thought. What is it you like about it ?

Edited by Lastwolf

On 8/4/2020 at 1:05 AM, bsmither said:

Unfortunately, CC6 features will not get back-ported to these CC5 skins. (Google's reCaptcha is the most immediately obvious feature that misbehaves.)

There have been a lot of changes to functionality that is missing within these older skins

17 hours ago, Lastwolf said:

Mobile is 50% of my traffic these days, if you don't cater to that in some way you're missing out. Alot of these older skins aren't really built with that in mind at all

Exactly right and Google now almost exclusively indexes based on a "mobile-first" basis for all websites

17 hours ago, Lastwolf said:

There's been a big issue with skins in general for a while now, hit and miss support from outside developers

Unfortunately this has been the case both with skins and plugins although a much smaller choice of supported skins for V6 - even the few V6 skins added are often not maintained or supported going forward - we have and always will support the two skins we have released with not only standard updates but we continue to develop and add more features

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's a weird rights issue, the developer obviously owns their own works and I've got use out of that work, then they disappear and while I can make minor changes on my own major rework is beyond my skill set.

Like if I submitted a bug, and it goes un-updated for months what do I as someone that did a patch up fix, normally I just posted it to the thread here but, clearly that'll become a bigger issue later on and it's kinda clunky to get "third party" support from me and if I was a new purchaser I'd be mad it's "broken" out of the box.

Edited by Lastwolf

The original developer hasnt been involved with CubeCart for a number of years - I believe that CubeCart have taken over the maintenance and "development" of this skin although as one of the original V5 skins, it rarely gets any updates and doesnt keep pace with new functionality being added.  If you have a fix to a problem then suggest contacting @Al Brookbanks directly so he can update it at least for that