Print Order Form

CubeCart Bot

• 2 months later...

We would want to know at what point in the checkout sequence the POF is failing for you.

I just checked it. I am able to choose it from the list of payment methods, and I eventually get a web page that I can print out.

Please view admin, Transaction Logs.

Determine if the order you just made is listed here.

If so, then the POF is getting up to a certain point and we can explore after that point.

I see nothing that would cause this to fail under PHP 7.

i dont have any transaction logs , my website fail the upgrade to cubercart 6.2.0, so i instal all new... it does not complete de order.

iam going to install cubecart 6.1.15 and see if it works 

thansks for your time 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Two ways: FTP the folder that was extracted from the ZIP file to CubeCart's /modules/gateways/ folder, or obtain the lightning bolt token and enter it in CubeCart's admin, Manage Extensions page.

It will automagically appear in the Extensions list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bsmither said:

Two ways: FTP the folder that was extracted from the ZIP file to CubeCart's /modules/gateways/ folder, or obtain the lightning bolt token and enter it in CubeCart's admin, Manage Extensions page.

It will automagically appear in the Extensions list.

Thank you sir!

• 1 year later...

The description of this extension clearly states

NOTE: This payment gateway will not log sales data to Google eCommerce Analytics as payments can not be digitally verified.

and yet... my question is: Is there a way to have this extension log this as a conversion for Google Analytics? Even is the payment is not digitally verified, for many merchants it would be an important metric if anything to verify that a customer completed an online checkout.

I see it this way, and I could be wrong:

The GA code is actually javascript that gets executed on the customer's browser. That javascript accompanies most page views, but I think the most important one is Cubecart's "Thank you, your order is complete" page. That is, I do not recall CubeCart, or any of its gateway modules, informing Google directly about transaction status. (If there is a gateway module that does this, I would like to know.)

Thus, indirectly, when CubeCart moves an order to Processing, the "Thank you" page gets sent and the customer's browser runs the GA code.

The POF module does not have CubeCart move the order past Pending (as payment has not been made).

And, when the admin does change the order's status to Processing, there is no corresponding code to inform Google about the change in the order's transaction status.

I think a separate plugin/snippet would need to be written to send a message to Google should it be the case that the admin is required to move the order beyond pending.

"it would be an important metric if anything to verify that a customer completed an online checkout."

That's the thing, a POF transaction is not where a customer can complete an online checkout.

18 hours ago, bsmither said:

The GA code is actually javascript that gets executed on the customer's browser

Yes, but the page that is displayed by the POF module lacks the code. Looking for some way to edit the module and put the code there.

That's the thing, a POF transaction is not where a customer can complete an online checkout.

For the purpose of Google Analytics, a completion (or conversion as they call it) can be whatever you define it to be; a person subscribing to your newsletter, a person looking at a specific video or page or (most commonly, of course) a sale been completed.

For the purpose of our store, its our most important metric when they place the order online (even if it is not completely paid of) as in our case it means a customer has booked a rental with us.

Please try these edits:

In the POF gateway.class.php, find near line 178:

if ($this->_module['bank']) {
				$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('BANK', true);
			}

Add after:

$ga_id = $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'google_analytics');
$ga_id = trim($ga_id);
$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('ANALYTICS', !empty($ga_id) ? $ga_id : false);

Then in POF /skin/print.tpl, find near line 144:

<div id="thanks">{$LANG.common.thanks}</div>
  <div id="footer">
	{$LANG.gateway.postal_address}: {$STORE.address}, {$STORE.county}, {$STORE.postcode} {$STORE.country}<br />
	{$STORE.name}, {$STORE.url}
  </div>

</div>

Add after:

{if isset($smarty.cookies.accept_cookies) && $smarty.cookies.accept_cookies=='true' && $ANALYTICS && $SUM}
<script>
{literal}(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
    m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');
  ga('create', '{/literal}{$ANALYTICS}{literal}', 'auto');
  ga('require', 'ecommerce');
  ga('ecommerce:addTransaction', {
    'id': '{/literal}{$SUM.cart_order_id}{literal}',
    'affiliation': '{/literal}{$SUM.store_name}{literal}',
    'revenue': '{/literal}{$SUM.total}{literal}',
    'shipping': '{/literal}{$SUM.shipping}{literal}',
    'tax': '{/literal}{$SUM.total_tax}{literal}'
  });
{/literal}{foreach from=$ITEMS item=item}{literal}ga('ecommerce:addItem', {
    'id': '{/literal}{$SUM.cart_order_id}{literal}',
    'name': '{/literal}{$item.name}{literal}',
    'sku': '{/literal}{$item.product_code}{literal}',
    'price': '{/literal}{$item.price}{literal}',
    'quantity': '{/literal}{$item.quantity}{literal}'
  });{/literal}{/foreach}{literal}  ga('ecommerce:send');{/literal}
</script>
{/if}

Please understand, there is no means for me to test if this actually works. But the code is present in the page that appears.

Also note that the customer must have a cookie named 'accept_cookies' with a value of true.

I would say it is not the POF module contributing to this.

Rather, the 'verification code' is CubeCart complaining that the reCaptcha gadget is not agreeing with the solution provided. It might not be displaying when it should be, or the customer worked out the puzzle, but the solution is not correct.

Please verify that, in admin, Store Settings, Features tab, Bot Protection section, the reCaptcha is enabled as desired.

Then, assure yourself that your browser is not blocking the javascript needed to fetch the reCaptcha gadget from Google.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...