By Price

CubeCart Bot

• 4 years later...

I am using AIOS and 'free shipping" plugins. The free shipping I offer on two products by using a very small weight assigned to them. Less than the weight assigned to all other products.

However, when I applied the plugin "By Price" to offer free shipping on large $ orders, expecting it to over ride the AIOS option or offer a Free shipping option, all orders under the price limit were given a free shipping option.

Has any one seen this occur?

The "By Price" module may not be what you actually want.

It says, "Set a flat rate for shipping, with free shipping for orders over a defined amount."

Just after the "Free Shipping for orders over" field, there is "Shipping Cost." So, if this field is blank, it is treated as zero.

Thus, this module will offer zero-cost (not technically "free" as CubeCart sees it) shipping for any subtotal (subtracting the discount if any) less than the break-over point.

Yes, any subtotal amount over the break-over point should be 'free' or equal to the handling cost. However I have orders less than the subtotal break point offering "free" shipping. 

Could the AIOS or the "Free shipping" modules interfere with the calculation in the "By Price" module? or vice versa.

No. Each module contributes its calculations package of rates to the overall collection of rates shown to the customer.

However, if the customer adds a Discount Coupon at checkout that offers free shipping (see admin, Promotional Codes, create/edit a Promotional Code), then CubeCart cancels all available shipping options and sets the shipping cost to zero.

Note: In admin, Store Settings, Features tab, Misc section, "Disable Shipping Groups", if checked, will hide which module each package of rates came from.

Just after the "Free Shipping for orders over" field in the "By Price" admin settings screen, there is "Shipping Cost." So, if this field is blank, the calculated shipping cost package is seen as zero.

Is there a shipping cost value entered in the "Shipping Cost" field?

Are there other shipping costs present in the list of available shipping methods on the customer's checkout screen?

CubeCart will select and offer as a default choice from all the calculated shipping rates the cheapest rate found. However, latest versions of CubeCart offer an admin setting (admin, Store Settings, Features tab, Misc section, "Default Shipping Selection") for 'Cheapest, Cheapest but not free, or Most Expensive rate found.

Edited by bsmither

Yes, the shipping price is zero.

No, there is no "Shipping Cost" it is blank, which equals zero.

Yes there are other shipping costs available as per the ("admin, Store Settings, Features tab, Misc section, "Default Shipping Selection") for 'Cheapest, Cheapest but not free, or Most Expensive rate found.

It is set as cheapest but not free. If the customer scrolls through the shipping cost options, they will see the normal shipping cost and find a zero cost.

Seems that the Price Module is very simple.

So to get around the issue of zero shipping cost being available all the time, I set the shipping cost to $1000 which is more that any other shipping price. When the price limit is triggered the shipping cost of zero then appears. Issue solved.

"offer free shipping on large $ orders"

The same can be accomplished using the AIOS module.

As an example, for a Shipping Zone for your immediate local area, you would add a Shipping Rate where the Shipping Price is zero when the Subtotal Limits exceed a value of 500.

Yes that can be done, however I am using shipping by weight on AIOS.

Initially I was only shipping wine bottles, but now I have some small light weight high priced bottles and heavy low priced bottles. So, shipping by weight was more accurate to reflect the real cost of shipping.