Text Editor keeps deleting code

Lastwolf

I am looking at the CKEditor API docs, specifically the Advanced Content Filter (ACF) to determine the pattern rule that the editor will accept.

The rule will either be that characters are required between the open and close tags, or the element has disallowed any attributes, styles, and/or classes. It is probably a combination of both.

On the other hand, the editor's config.js file specifically sets 'allowedContent' to "true", and this (supposedly) switches off the filtering - allowing anything to be entered.

On the third hand, the ACF filters "pasted" content from the clipboard. Content already present (loaded on editor initialization or currently being edited) is managed by other sets of rules.

Edited by bsmither

Try this:

In includes/ckeditor/config.js, at the bottom, find:

config.allowedContent = true;
};

Change to:

config.allowedContent = true;
	config.coreStyles_italic = {element : 'em'};
	config.extraAllowedContent = 'i[*]{*}(*)';
};
CKEDITOR.dtd.$removeEmpty = '{i: 0}';

The same added statements can be used for other HTML tags used in unorthodox ways.

• Like 2

Yeah, that does the trick, thanks, as always bsmither you are a font of problem solving.

On using it more, it's doing some weird things, but it's workable, for some reason it keeps hard forcing a linebreak like a <br> but not visable anywhere. 

I looked for solutions on ckeditor forums, but they seem to really break it hard and it just spams every blank space with the <i class

Edited by Lastwolf
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

the above edit no longer seems to work in 6.2.1, when i add google AdSense script into a source page/box it changes the code after save from this:-

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<!-- Right Box #3 content -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxx"
     data-ad-slot="2445020xxx"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>

to this

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script><!-- Right Box #3 content --><script>
</script>

using the above edit in 6.1.x seemed to work and it saved the code as is

The above solution was for a specific situation (<i> tags used for Font Awesome).

Please determine if the technical docs for this "adsbygoogle" require the use of the <ins></ins> tag pair. If not, try using a <div></div> tag pair.

I have yet to install CC621, but a CC620 installation gets me this:

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script><!-- Right Box #3 content -->
<p><ins class="adsbygoogle" data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxx" data-ad-format="auto" data-ad-slot="2445020xxx" style="display:block"></ins> <script>
</script></p>

This is after having made the edits to config.js as described earlier. Specifically, the $removeEmpty being switched off. (Since a change has been made to this file, be sure to force your browser to reload it - usually with CTRL-F5.)

Note that CKEditor still wants to wrap things in <p></p> tags.