Custom Order Status, Colours & Emails

CubeCart Bot

• 5 years later...

Version 1.0.6 says: "Custom Order Status now offers a new setting: "Count As Unsettled Order". When enabled, the custom status is counted (included?) in the Unsettled Orders tab of the CubeCart dashboard."

Edited by bsmither

I've used this Plugin for a few years, despite informing them back in March 2022 that it needed updating - it still hasn't been, so will give hundreds of errors in the 'Error Log'.

It's great as a quick visual to define my orders, I can highlight International orders, Part Shipped, Pre-Order from other orders. If you want an email for any of your new statuses then go into the Email templates and you can add the text (use an existing template as a guide). If you don't create the email text then no email will be sent (handy for internal statuses only).

Feb 22 2022, 16:14 pm [<strong>Deprecated</strong>] /home1/oakandc1/public_html/modules/plugins/custom_order_status_with_traffic_lights/hooks/admin.dashboard.tabs.php:0 - implode() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.implode.php'>function.implode.php</a>]: Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters

Today, 09:34 [<strong>Deprecated</strong>] /home1/oakandc1/public_html/modules/plugins/custom_order_status_with_traffic_lights/hooks/admin.dashboard.tabs.php:0 - implode() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.implode.php'>function.implode.php</a>]: Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters

After creating your new statuses you have a couple of options in the plugin, Count as Unsettled Order to show in 'Unsettled Orders'and Count as a Sale (for reports etc)

Thanks Guys - Guess I missed that check box - DOH!!

Now back to trying this out. My goal is I get a lot of emails because status of order is still "Processing" making folks think nothing is happening. Our orders can go from pack and ship to almost a month. So you see why the need for more information to the customers.

Once you get used to your colour scheme the writing doesn't matter much, you will glance down the unsettled orders and know which are which. Make sure you pick definitive colours that are different to each other.

Like you I wanted my customers to know when their order had been 'Picked' and also 'Packed ready for dispatch'. Remember to do your email to ensure they then get emails for each status change.