Cart re-directing wrong

LKW

I just got my site set up and created a test account and added an item to the cart.  It shows up in the cart but when I click on Checkout it goes to the Add Address registration screen even though I have logged in with the account.  There are no errors reported.     Anyone have any ideas? 

Technical Details

CubeCart Version
PHP Version (5.6 Recommended)
MySQL Version
5.5.5-10.2.11-MariaDB-log
Image folder size
323.22 KB
Download folder size
0.00 KB
Max. Upload filesize
128M
Browser user-agent
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36
Server Software
Apache

Edited by LKW

Welcome LKW! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart does require an address to checkout.

If the customer is logged in, but has not created a Billing Address (and optional Delivery Address), CubeCart will have the customer do this. The Customer's Account settings pages has an Addressbook.

If the visitor is not logged in (a 'ghost' customer'), the checkout page will have an in-line form for the customer to fill out an address.

"when I click on Checkout it goes to the Add Address registration screen even though I have logged in"

When you are viewing the cart, the web address should be index.php?_a=checkout. Is this true? Having logged in, you should see the customer's name in the upper-right corner.

And you should see a Billing Address block and a Delivery Address drop-down selector with Add Address button under it. Is this being shown?

Or are you at index.php?_a=confirm ?

From home page, I click on the cart symbol and it just shows  /#  when I click on Checkout it goes to the Add Address page with  /index.php?_a=addressbook&action=add

The customer name is listed in the upper-right.   I never see  index.php?_a=confirm ?  Also after I click on the cart the cart window only stays open for about  3 or 4 seconds.

If you want I can send you the URL so you can see exactly whats happening.

When you click the shopping basket icon, there is a fade-in box labeled "Your Basket". At the bottom of this box, there is a green "Checkout" block. (True, this fade-in box will fade-out after five seconds.)

If you hover the mouse cursor over the green "Checkout", the web browser should indicate what web address this points to (perhaps shown at the bottom of the screen). That link should be:
www.mystore.com/index.php?_a=checkout

But, your browser shows you this link as /index.php?_a=addressbook&action=add (or, eventually, takes you there).

Try this please. Log out as the customer. Log out as the admin.

Then, add an item to the cart, click the shopping basket icon, click the green Checkout in the fade-in box.

Where do you end up?

I logged out as admin but I can't log out as the customer.  I closed the store window and reopened it but I still couldn't log out.  I did hover over the green Checkout and it showed  /index.php?_a=checkout then went to the   /index.php?_a=addressbook&action=add

Can't log out as the customer?

Did you use the admin's "Login As >>" when viewing the customer's details? (not saying this is a problem -- just want to keep it on the table or dismiss it as a potential contributor to this situation).

Do you know how to delete cookies that come from your store's domain? If so, delete those cookies. That will log you out!

I got logged out and added an item to the cart.  I clicked Checkout and put in a bogus customer and I got this error:

image.thumb.png.5417dcd2b37d1eb425a325b9c994b77b.png

This is something entirely different that I will need to figure out this problem and see if the original one is fixed.  That's a job for tomorrow, it's almost 1 o'clock here and I'm not thinking straight.  Thanks for your help.  I'll tackle this monster tomorrow.

I have installed the USPS module to ship only to US.  I selected First Class, First Class Parcel,  Priority, and Retail Ground.  When I go through the process of adding to the cart and selecting Checkout the shipping defaults to  Priority 2 Day.  The shipping choice drop down only lists that option. 

image.png.fc18d60e66bd8781a1f934770bd059f6.png

In admin, check the Request Log. The USPS response should be logged there.

Given all the parameters sent to USPS, they respond with all the services that are appropriate. The module then filters for only those you are willing to ship.

So, in this case, First Class is not appropriate, and neither is Ground. Priority (the USPS fills in how many days they estimate it will take to deliver) is appropriate.

Since I have several choices checked how does USPS determine the appropriate way?  Sometimes 1st class parcel is less than Priority and I would like to give customers a choice based on the postage cost.  Is this possible?

Passing all the shipping parameters to USPS, they respond with all the services that are appropriate. The module then filters for only those you are willing to ship. To offer all possible shipping methods the USPS has determined is appropriate (and the associated cost for each of those methods), check all of the module's check boxes.

CubeCart will list all eligible shipping methods, the cheapest cost being pre-selected in the drop-down seen at checkout.

When at the Post Office and wanting to ship a box somewhere, the PO viewpad will show a list of appropriate and available shipping methods. The customer chooses delivery time vs. cost.

This is very much like what is shown to the customer in CubeCart's checkout.