Lost CC6 login details

rowdyplace

I have not touched this site since 2015.  Now the customer wants to "finish" it and neither of us remember the user name/password.  I have downloaded (FTP) the complete site to my local computer.  What CC file contains this info?  Is it encrypted?

Thanks for the input:

1. Is this a single file (admin_users table) inside CC?  Where, please.  Is that the real file name?  (I have installed a parallel store on a separate server and cannot locate it.)

2. Will any PHP editor do the job?  It appears that all I need to do is view the file contents in ASCII format.

phpMyAdmin is a tool made available in one's hosted account's control panel (Cpanel?).

Using phpMyAdmin, one is able to access CubeCart's database directly.

CubeCart's database contains many tables, and the table you are wanting to view and edit is CubeCart_admin_users. (There may be a prefix in front of CubeCart.)

The database is part of your hosted account, and CubeCart communicates with the database server that manages the databases.

Sorry, I assumed you might have known what PHPMyadmin was.

Your hosting plan, (where the web site resides) should have a log-in to Cpanel or Plesk.

When in PHP MyAdmin, locate the databse, and when inside the database find the table CubeCart_admin_users.

Inside that table should be the login details that you're looking to find.

If your'e not familiar with PHP-MyAdmin, don't make any changes.

Edited by keat

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the good advice.

It looks like I am my own "worst enemy".  I can see this site but I cannot locate the hosting account I used.  I have decided to just create a new CC6 site on a different hosting account and change the nameservers.

Again, thanks to all!!

As I employ Softaculous to install CC6 on a new server, I see their CC6 "import" feature.

I know the FTP address and FTP password for the original installation.  Can I import this old CC6 version to this new hosting server where I will have access to the  PHPMyadmin?

I am sure i will still have the original (lost) CC6 admin password, but will this allow me to follow the earlier advice in this thread for recovery?

Ok gang, that worked!!  It took a while to import but using phpMyAdmin shows me the data structure as well as the contents of the CubeCart_admin_users file.

But, now for round 2.  I see the Admin login name (admin) but the password is encrypted...  In this form, I so not see how this is usable info.

Suggestions requested, please...

In PHP admin, forget the encrypted password, but take a look at the email address asscociated with the admin account.

Try to log in to cubecart and use the forgot my password link.

Input said email address and await futher instructions from the cart.

If you don't have access to that email, change the email address in PHPadmin to one that you do have access to, and repeat the above.

Alternatively, you may be able to find who hosts your original site by using something like this.

https://gb.hostadvice.com/tools/whois/

Of course, this relies on you remembering the login details for the hosting plan.

Edited by keat

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who came to my rescue!!  Using the Softaculous import function, I was able to capture the site to a new server.  But never able to get the lost password feature to work.  Upon learning that the customer had reduced the number of products (significantly), it became easier to just cut-n-paste into a new CC6 installation on a new server and change the nameservers.

Again, Thanks a million...