Customer Groups on Registration Page

rnewcomer

Good Afternoon... Just when you thought you finally got rid of him, he comes back with a question. 

Ok, we have a "captive" customer base.  We do not sell to anyone but "known" people.  We require each new user to submit  registrations and that registration needs to be approved/verified prior to that person is allowed to place orders or see pricing.

With that said, we utilize the Customer Groups.  Each user is assigned to a group based on their location.  The Group number is a four digit number with a hyphen and a four digit alpha text.  For example, Fort Wayne, IN would be 8735-FWAY.  I would like to have the Customer Group  "drop down" from the Customer List area added to the Registration page.  I'm assuming this is in /skins/foundation/templates/content.register.php -- possibly?  Would we add a "hook"?

Thanks in advance for any help.

R

I have done exactly this and that for exactly the same reasons.

The Registration page presents the collection of "Customer Class" (aka 'group') which the registrant self-selects.

All newly registered customers are set in a 'disabled' state. The admin then 'enables' those customers after review as appropriate.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will forward the necessary edits.

12 minutes ago, bsmither said:

I have done exactly this and that for exactly the same reasons.

The Registration page presents the collection of "Customer Class" (aka 'group') which the registrant self-selects.

All newly registered customers are set in a 'disabled' state. The admin then 'enables' those customers after review as appropriate.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will forward the necessary edits.

It has be sent.  Thank you for your help.

R

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2018 at 11:58 AM, rnewcomer said:

Good Afternoon... Just when you thought you finally got rid of him, he comes back with a question. 

Ok, we have a "captive" customer base.  We do not sell to anyone but "known" people.  We require each new user to submit  registrations and that registration needs to be approved/verified prior to that person is allowed to place orders or see pricing.

With that said, we utilize the Customer Groups.  Each user is assigned to a group based on their location.  The Group number is a four digit number with a hyphen and a four digit alpha text.  For example, Fort Wayne, IN would be 8735-FWAY.  I would like to have the Customer Group  "drop down" from the Customer List area added to the Registration page.  I'm assuming this is in /skins/foundation/templates/content.register.php -- possibly?  Would we add a "hook"?

Thanks in advance for any help.

bsmither, could you send me the needed edits as well?

• 1 month later...

Archived