Outgoing SMTP Host

kwickcut

hello all,

i just installed cubecart and it looks to be very straight forward and very clean. i just have one issue so far. i run my own server with postfix. my service provider blocks port 25 so i use a redirect service so i can send mail on port 2525. i do have other sites running on this server using phpmail and have no issues with the server sending mail. my question is i do not see an option for phpmail so what info should i place in the Outgoing SMTP Host field. thanks in advance

kwick

Welcome kwickcut! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart uses the PHPMailer library (https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer) for all email transportation.

PHPMailer is told to use SMTP, or to use PHP's mail() functions that relate to the connection to whatever service is defined in the PHP.INI file, which generally is a server on localhost.

So, when you say 'phpmail', do you mean PHP's mail() family of functions, or the PHPMailer library?

If in admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, Sending Method is PHP 's mail() functions, then you do not enter anything relating to SMTP details, as the connection details to postfix (or whatever) should already be in the PHP.INI file.

• Like 1

thank you for the welcome.

i just seen this and have set it to php mail() for some reason it was set to smtp. the site is now sending email i will be making more post in a few minutes lol for plugins i dont see..

thanks for the quick responce

kwick

Edited by kwickcut