discount for registered users

kwickcut

i posted this in general but no replies so i will try this area maybe will have better success 

i was looking in the Market Place and i did not see anything like this. i would like to offer a % discount on all products to a registered user.so when you log in you see Xprice for product but when you go to the cart you will see the discounted rate. if someone decides to check out as a guest they would pay full price. is there a way to do this? thanks in advance

kwick

There is probably a way, and we have been thinking of trying to find the best way since we saw your original post.

This would be easier if you allowed the discounted price be shown all the while and everywhere when a registered customer was perusing the site.

Another approach could be suppressing the Coupon Discount system for those not logged in. Once logged in, the customer could enter a coupon code.

ok i know i could do a coupon code but was thinking if it was automatic it would be more stream lined. could a user group be made with a discount for the group?

the products that i will be selling have a map price so i can not advertise a lower price then the map but i can give a discount on purchase. my thinking is most like to checkout as guest they pay full rate if they register then they can take advantage of a discounted rate..

thanks for the reply also

kwick

Edited by kwickcut
spelling that i seen

When a customer registers for an account, that registrant could instantly be assigned to a customer group.

The group would have been created before-hand, and some or all products would have had a price schedule created for them. There is no percentage difference between one group and any other group (yet). Each group has a distinct and independent price schedule.

Still, I reiterate, once a customer registers, even at checkout, but then resumes shopping, the group's price schedule is shown everywhere to that customer. Is this acceptable according to the contract you have with the product supplier?

However, I know that someone (Noodleman?) is or has been working on something related. There is a new parameter in the function that gets an item's price, that when true, will return the full retail price regardless of any other consideration. If it was Noodleman who asked for this to be added to the core code, you should drop him a note to ask if he has anything on the shelf ready to install.

• Like 1