Send registration confirmation email

kwickcut

i have installed this free extension and it works great. below is the code and i was wondering if it was possible to add the registered user name and also to add the store logo. i am not really that good when it comes to editing php i do have Dreamweaver installed but i am just learning.

<?php
$GLOBALS['gui']->setNotify('Thank you for registering.');
mail($_POST['email'], 'Thank you for registering', 'Thank you for registering with '.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name').'.', 'From: '.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'email_address'));
?>

thanks in advance

kwick

Try this.

In admin, Manage Hooks, Code snippets tab, click the edit icon of the "Send registration confirmation email" snippet.

In the Code box, replace all of it with:

<?php
$registration_mailer = new mailer();
$content = array(
  'subject' => "Thank you for registering",
  'content_html' => "$_POST['title'] $_POST['first_name'] $_POST['last_name'],<br>\n Thank you for registering with " . $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name') . ".",
  'content_text' => "$_POST['title'] $_POST['first_name'] $_POST['last_name']\nThank you for registering with " . $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name') . ".",
);
$registration_mailer->sendEmail($_POST['email'], $content);
// mail($_POST['email'], 'Thank you for registering', 'Thank you for registering with '.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name').'.', 'From: '.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'email_address'));

Save.

You can play with the strings for the Subject, HTML Content and Text Content.

These are strings, so keep in mind about escaping quotes, using apostophes, and concatenating strings. (We can help with that.)

17 hours ago, bsmither said:

Try this.

In admin, Manage Hooks, Code snippets tab, click the edit icon of the "Send registration confirmation email" snippet.

In the Code box, replace all of it with:

<?php
$registration_mailer = new mailer();
$content = array(
  'subject' => "Thank you for registering",
  'content_html' => "$_POST['title'] $_POST['first_name'] $_POST['last_name'],<br>\n Thank you for registering with " . $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name') . ".",
  'content_text' => "$_POST['title'] $_POST['first_name'] $_POST['last_name']\nThank you for registering with " . $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name') . ".",
);
$registration_mailer->sendEmail($_POST['email'], $content);
// mail($_POST['email'], 'Thank you for registering', 'Thank you for registering with '.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name').'.', 'From: '.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'email_address'));

Save.

You can play with the strings for the Subject, HTML Content and Text Content.

These are strings, so keep in mind about escaping quotes, using apostophes, and concatenating strings. (We can help with that.)

thank you for the reply. i have added the code above and i am getting a syntax error on lines 6 if i delete line 6 i thin get one on line 7

now i did notice that the <?php did not have a closing so i added ?> to the end and it did nothing. i tested the code with the error. i registered a test user no email was sent and i was taken to a blank white page,  the user was listed in the admin area under clients. if i hit F5 the site loaded and everything works but no email thanks again

kwick

What does the syntax error say is wrong?

I'm wondering if PHP is not liking the variables. Try this:

'content_html' => $_POST['title'] . " " . $_POST['first_name'] . " " . $_POST['last_name'] . ",<br>\n Thank you for registering with " . $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name') . ".",
  'content_text' => $_POST['title'] . " " . $_POST['first_name'] . " " . $_POST['last_name'] . "\nThank you for registering with " . $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name') . ".",

2 hours ago, bsmither said:

What does the syntax error say is wrong?

I'm wondering if PHP is not liking the variables. Try this:

'content_html' => $_POST['title'] . " " . $_POST['first_name'] . " " . $_POST['last_name'] . ",<br>\n Thank you for registering with " . $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name') . ".",
  'content_text' => $_POST['title'] . " " . $_POST['first_name'] . " " . $_POST['last_name'] . "\nThank you for registering with " . $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'store_name') . ".",

this worked like a charm thank you very much!!!!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Sorry for the thread resurrection but have used the above code and it works perfectly @bsmither.

However I would like to add some additional text that is sent out in the email. Could you please guide me on where I need to add this into the two content strings as everytime I put the text/HTML where I think it should go it shows errors. 😔

I would like to add: 

<p>If you have not done so please register for a Trade Card <a href="http://www.defaultwebsite.com/trade-card.html">here</a>.</p>

Any help would be greatly appreciated as usual! :thumbup:

The errors are probably relating to the use of quotes within quotes.

In PHP, creating a string by enclosing the characters in quotes means that the other type of quote (aka apostrophe) won't cause a problem. Same that with using an apostrophe to start and stop strings means that the other type of quote (aka double-quote) won't cause a problem.

So, knowing that your content you want to add will be inside double-quotes, make sure to use apostrophes in the content itself.

Incidentally, if you really, really need to use the same type of quote within a string that starts and stops with that type of quote, then put a backslash in front of it.

Archived