Unable to Enter Admin After Update

slic535

after the update it put a new string on the admin login and gave me another admin folder. I have two admin folders. I have changed the string in the includes/global.inc.php  but it didn't do anything.

Edited by slic535

No change? And the error message now is relating to the username and/or password to access the database may be faulty?

In globals.inc.php, having made sure the value for $glob['adminFolder'] is the actual name of the administration folder, and the value for $glob['adminFile'] is the actual name of the admin PHP script file, please make sure there are quotes surrounding each of those values, and that each statement ends with a semi-colon.

The syntax of the statements look good.

Note: I have not actually seen the name of the admin script be the same as the name of the admin folder (less the .php).

The database password looks fine as well - assuming it is correct.

ok, here is what I found. the hosting company setup another admin because the ccrt1 wouldn't work in MySQL anymore. it was overloading it so they made a ccr admin to reroute around ccrt1. it is working now but the hosting company ask that I get with you to find out why this is because its overloading their servers so they made a new name for a quick fix. below is a quick look at it. I will delete it after I get a reply.

Edited by slic535

I have heard other users say that their hosting provider has made complaints about CubeCart using too much database resources.

It can be argued that CubeCart could do with a thorough rewriting of fetching data from the database.

On the other hand, CubeCart is not exceedingly egregious in making connections ("Too many connections" error). I would argue that excessive connections or data movement is related actually to how many visitors are hitting your site within a certain time frame.

Be sure that CubeCart has its internal cache enabled (admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab).

its all enabled. I don't understand why it would work through a new user piggy backing the old user. I don't have the overload with the new user and its still going to the same database. is there a string that needs to be changed in the MySQL so it reads it? it was working fine the other day until MySQL timed out on their server. at first they rebooted their server and it went back to normal.  a few hours later it did it again and she said the php was at 5.2 and she upgraded to 5.4 and gave me a different user name. it should be able to go back to normal I would think. it says php 5.4 is default but they do have 5.6 stable and a 7.1 edge. would upgrading the php higher make a difference in how it handle the info?

Edited by slic535

I cannot discount the possibility that PHP 5.6 (over 5.4) has better optimized code that comprises the communication port to the database. Knowing whether that is true or not is outside my area of expertise. (It never hurts to go with PHP 5.6 -- just be sure that any modules that require IonCube be of the correct matching version for the related IonCube loader version installed for that particular version of PHP.)

Everything you say about your Hosting company and their explanation sounds pretty dodgy to me.  CubeCart isn’t perfect with it’s use of database resources  and likewise with the way that caching works, which in turn increases database accesses, although this could be a lot better once 6.2.0 is released, however it is far better than a lot of other similar systems.  The only possible reason for requiring you to create a new dB username / password would be if they thought that this had become public.  MySQL timing out and a server needing to be rebooted several times in short succession dictates a vastly over populated / busy Server and would just love to hear their explanation as to hwhere w your account can switch php versions after a reboot !!

PHP 5.6 should be the very bare minimum you should be using but 7.0 and better still 7.1, are much better and significantly faster than 5.6

Ian