Order emails

Wairds

When an order is placed three emails are generated. The customer receives a 'Thank you for your order' and an Order Confirmation and the shop owner receives a New Order notification. 

It is an intermittent problem but with increasing frequency these emails are sitting in the email log with an 'x' against them. When I press the Resend they are sent without a problem.

I have contacted my hosting company and they cant find any trace. Can somebody advise where I could look to diagnose the problem?

Many thanks.

Please experiment with these edits (line numbers refer to CC6113):

In the admin skin template statistics.emaillog.php

Find near line 30:

<td align="center">{if $log.result==1}<i class="fa fa-check" title="{$LANG.common.yes}"></i>{else}<i class="fa fa-times" title="{$LANG.common.no}"></i>{/if}</td>

Change to:

<td align="center">{if $log.result==1}<i class="fa fa-check" title="{$LANG.common.yes}"></i>{else}<i class="fa fa-times" title="{$log.fail_reason}"></i>{/if}</td>

Using an external database utility such as phpMyAdmin, make the following change to CubeCart's database:

ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_email_log` ADD COLUMN `fail_reason` TEXT;
(If your database uses a table prefix, be sure to include it in the name of the table.)
In /classes/mailer.class.php, find near line 215:

$email_data = array(
				'subject' => $this->Subject,
				'content_html' => $this->_html,
				'content_text' => $this->_text,
				'to' => $email,
				'from' => $this->Sender,
				'result' => $result,
				'email_content_id' => $this->_email_content_id
			);

On a new blank line after that, add:

if ($result === false) $email_data['fail_reason'] = htmlentities($this->ErrorInfo, ENT_QUOTES);

This will log the reason the Mailer has determined to be the cause of a failed send.

In admin, Email Log, by hovering the mouse cursor over the 'X' in the Sent column, your browser should show (as a 'tooltip') the reason reported. (I do not know if there is a limit to the amount of information that can be shown in a tooltip.)