Call to undefined function mysql_get_client_info()

I'm trying to install CubeCart 6.1.14 in my localhost for testing.  I get this error:

[Exception] /var/www/html/cubecart/setup/index.php:265 - Call to undefined function mysql_get_client_info()

php -v
PHP 7.0.27-0+deb9u1 (cli) (built: Jan  5 2018 13:51:52) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.27-0+deb9u1, Copyright (c) 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies
john@cave-d9:~$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 4.9.0-4-amd64 ([email protected]) (gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian 6.3.0-18) ) #1 SMP Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9u1 (2017-12-23)
john@cave-d9:~$ mysql -V
mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.26-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2
john@cave-d9:~$ 

JT

This is the line mentioned in the error message:

'pass' => (function_exists('mysqli_get_client_info')) ? mysqli_get_client_info() : mysql_get_client_info(),

It seems that your PHP does not have the MySQLi extension enabled, so the test is false. As such the statement will assume that the MySQL extension is to be used. But apparently this, too, is not enabled.

Please visit the configuration file (or Cpanel settings screen) of your PHP installation and make sure you have MySQLi extension enabled.

(I see that you have MariaDB up and running, but PHP needs an extension enabled to talk to it.)

Edited by bsmither

Yes it seems that PHP 7 the default setting is  mysqli extension is disabled. For any lurkers edit the /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini file and uncomment the line extension=php_mysqli.dll then restart apache with sudo systemctl restart apache2. The above is for Debian 9...

JT

Edited by jthornton