New Cubecart Update SEO

slic535

I have been doing good for the past few years online until I updated to the latest version of cubecart 6.1.14.  Once I updated I noticed my flow of customers stopped. Is there something that was put in the script to cut off all traffic from the site?

Edited by slic535

If your hosting accounts settings are such that you are logging (and archiving) web accesses, you should be able to determine gross page requests using one of the available web analyzer tools.

Having looked at the differences between CC6114 and a few of the prior versions, I do not see any changes to the shopping experience that would explain a drop in orders placed.

If the amount of first page landings are still high, but follow-through has dropped, maybe a plea for feedback is in order. An 'in-your-face' invite to "Contact Us" on the Homepage might be revealing.

I have a customer that couldn't get through because of The script that verifies I’m “human” was not available. this may be the problem. I am turning off recapta. but I am encountering many problems with this update so I am using my back up and going back to the earlier version. hopefully the newer update will have fixed itself. 

Edited by slic535

I see. reCaptcha v1 is due to be retired very, very soon. CubeCart believes Mar 31, 2018, but maybe Google has made other plans???

There have been no changes to the Foundation skin related to reCaptcha, so I assume using any other skin would not be affected.

There is new code in the GUI class that, when a response to reCaptcha.v1 is submitted, if the date is after Mar 31, 2018, then reCaptcha is switched to 'disabled' and the visitor is assumed to have been confirmed.

If you upgraded from one major version to another you should always place a test order to make sure shipping, taxes and payment (and anything else) are working as you expect. Thanks for changing the subject of this topic as it was a little damaging for us to start with. If you want to open a support ticket we can have a good look at your store for you. There should be no need to downgrade to an earlier buggier version.