menu options

Is there a way to allow the user to select the menu style, drop down vs click? The other option would be to allow the menu to be selected by skin type. The expanded menu doesn't work well(my opinion) on mobile, but does on most computers. Tablets need the mobile skin, and mine doesn't pull the site as mobile, so I would rather be able to pick. 

Edited by Christopher Short

I am confused. The Foundation menu bar does have the list of sub-categories drop down when the top-level category is clicked (except at your site, there are no "visible" subcats in the menu bar).

I also do not know what you mean by "expanded menu". The mechanics of the menu bar seem to be functioning fine (wide view and 'responsive design mode' view).

But, sure, you can copy "Foundation" to "Foundation 2" and make changes. The visitor may or may not be able to realize that the other skin choice might operate better for them.

Edited by bsmither

3 minutes ago, bsmither said:

I am confused. The Foundation menu bar does have the list of sub-categories drop down when the top-level category is clicked (except at your site, there are no "visible" subcats in the menu bar).

I also do not know what you mean by "expanded menu". The mechanics of the menu bar seem to be functioning fine (wide view and 'responsive design mode' view).

But, sure, you can copy "Foundation" to "Foundation 2" and make changes. The visitor may or may not be able to realize that the other skin choice might operate better for them.

Under store settings, the expanded menu makes the drop down style menu. With it off you get the click style. www.csrocktry.com I wonder if my skin is still on foundation, and not foundation 2. 

You, yourself, would have to make a copy of Foundation and name it something else, like Foundation 2. The copy would have a customized menu bar that would not have the subcats drop down mechanism.

The Store Settings, Layout tab, "Expand category navigation tree" is just a bit misleading. It implies that it is the skin's responsibility to respect this setting. But, no, that's not the exact case.

This setting stops CubeCart from constructing a multi-level array possibly having "children" for each element. Thus, no children, then no subcats for the menu -- regardless of skin.