No Suitable Shipping Methods

jthornton

I have UPS and USPS installed and enabled and have my USPS user name and have United States as an allowed zone but when I view the cart I get this error

The following errors were detected:

Unfortunately there are no suitable shipping methods available for your order. This may be because the total weight of your order is too high or we cannot ship to your country. Please contact a member of our staff for any further inquiries.

Request Sent - http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=GB&15_origPostal=63901&19_destPostal=&22_destCountry=GB&23_weight=12.5&47_rateChart=Regular%2BDaily%2BPickup&48_container=00&49_ accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=GND&14_origCountry=GB&15_origPostal=63901&19_destPostal=&22_destCountry=GB&23_weight=12.5&47_rateChart=Regular%2BDaily%2BPickup&48_container=00&49_residential=1

Response received UPSOnLine5%Unsupported country specified%6920

looks like the origCountry=GB is the fault where do I change the origCountry? And why does it send a request when I just viewed the cart and have not entered an address yet.

JT

Ok I found where UK was the store country and changed it to US and now no error... but I still wonder why a request was sent just viewing the cart.

JT

Edited by jthornton

CubeCart will give the customer an estimate on taxes and shipping costs whenever viewing their cart.

1. CubeCart has an admin setting that can switch off calculating and showing these estimates.

2. Until CubeCart has a better idea of the customer's delivery address, the store's own address is used for the estimate. (This estimate could be somewhat accurate to completely misleading, depending on the shipping module(s) being used*.)

3. Somewhat hard to spot, there is a link for the customer to enter some delivery information which will then give an accurate estimate.

*There are many modules that calculate shipping on factors other than distance and/or weight.

Edited by bsmither