Comments Forwarding

rnewcomer

I have edited two phrases:

• Settings\Language\English (UK)\
    1. Basket - Phrases displayed in the basket pages
      • your_comments
    2. Common - Phrases used in multiple places
      • comments

How do I get these field (they appear to be the same) to follow along in the order process?  Meaning, after submission, an email is sent to the person receiving all order notifications.  The phrases field your_comments and comments do not follow along.  As I look at the email, it doesn't appear, nor does it appear in the "Dropship Products" email that is generated.

How do I get this comment field to follow along?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

R

Well, you don't. Not exactly.

The language packs used for skin templates are separate from the email contents templates.

This is not to say, however, that the $LANG array is not available to email content templates. (I have yet to check if it is available, and the Smarty variable would be $LANG.basket.your_comments.)

Also, there is a separate set of email content templates for each installed language. That would be similar in concept to having a separate skin for each installed language.

So, using a language phrase in a particular language's email contents template -- one would hope the language of each would be the same. Luckily, that usually happens.

Note: The above discussion is about static phrases that would appear in different languages (such as "Your Comments"), not the dynamic content created by the customer related to that title (such as "I absolutely need this shipped ASAP").

Yeah... I was able to change the labels.  That was easy enough.  I had just hoped that the field itself would follow along with the email.  I’m assuming a “hook” / field would need to added to those email templates  

The “your_comment” and “comments” appear to be either the same field or linked some how.  Since I have edited the “label” to include “PO#”, it would be beneficial if I could get that field (not necessarily the label) to show on the order notification email and your plugin, dropship email. 

I hope that makes sense. 

R

On the receipt that the customer can print, $LANG.common.comments is a passive label and is associated with, among other things, CubeCart_order_summary 'customer_comments' column. This is what the customer has already said to you about this order. If you want the value of this column in an email, use $DATA.customer_comments or $DROPSHIP_DATA.customer_comments.

On the other hand, $LANG.basket.your_comments is an active invite to enter something in a text box. It is not associated with any data.

Additionally, there is another column (added to CubeCart several versions ago) in Cubecart_order_summary -- the 'notes_to_customer' column. This is what you wish to tell the customer about this order. The associated language phrase is $LANG.orders.note_content_public. If you want the value of this column in an email, use $DATA.notes_to_customer or $DROPSHIP_DATA.notes_to_customer.

Edited by bsmither

On 3/14/2018 at 9:41 PM, bsmither said:

On the receipt that the customer can print, $LANG.common.comments is a passive label and is associated with, among other things, CubeCart_order_summary 'customer_comments' column. This is what the customer has already said to you about this order. If you want the value of this column in an email, use $DATA.customer_comments or $DROPSHIP_DATA.customer_comments.

Brian, this is what I was looking for.  I was able to change the "tags" I just need this little bit you responded with to place in the email templates.

Thanks again for your invaluable assistance.  I have another issue that you have dealt with in the past, but I will begin a new thread for that.

Thanks again,

R