Payment Error

Dawson-PS

Hi , 

i have a client in Portugal who has emailed me today to say he cannot pay using Realex  , he gets a 505 error . I tried and it worked for me is it a problem with his browser or is they a problem on my end please see attached photo 

Thanks 

Regards 

Callum 

IMG_3193.JPG

The customer is at the Realex site?

If so, I would conclude there is a problem with their browser. A 505 error is when a site's web server insists on using an HTTP protocol that the web browser isn't wanting or is not capable of using.

For example, the web browser can only do HTTP/1.0 (or will not agree to switch) where the web server will only allow HTTP/1.1.

If it is the web browser's fault, there should be numerous other sites where this error message is sent by those sites' web servers.

On the other hand, I read where a web server should accept any minor version, that is, HTTP/1.x. Which then suggest the web browser is using HTTP/0.9 - which is really old.

I made some cursory research to determine if a web server can restrict what it will accept with respect to minor version. I didn't find anything definitive, but I do recall that, in the history of CubeCart, several functions and extensions needed to be changed to specify HTTP/1.1 to comply with third-party requirements.