Site loads into mobile view

huggettm

That is an "off-screen" (placed off to the far right out of view) box that, under javascript control, when an "Add to Basket" button is clicked, AJAX will tell CubeCart to update the customer's shopping basket, and CubeCart will compile the HTML of just the box.basket.php skin template. When CubeCart is finished, the HTML is sent out to the waiting AJAX which will update the page source code and display the box as you see it.

This is what is suppose to happen, and this is what it is suppose to look like.

Ah! This is a case where CubeCart has lost that visitor's "session".

A session is maintained by a cookie, coupled with PHP keeping a record of that session (the name of the session file and the value of the cookie are the same), and certain things managed in session is databased in CubeCart_sessions (again, using the value of the cookie).

So, either CubeCart is having problems maintaining records in the CubeCart_sessions database, PHP is having problems with an overly aggressive sessions garbage collection protocol, or the web browser is not sending back CubeCart's cookies.

When the session is lost, CubeCart sends back to the waiting AJAX "Add to Basket" function the complete index.php page. And AJAX replaces the "mini-basket" HTML with the complete page HTML - a page within a page, etc.

See if your web browser is sending back the cookie by using the browser's Network diagnostic page.

Use an external database utility to examine the CubeCart_sessions table.

You may need to get your hosting provider involved to determine if PHP session files are getting clobbered.

As an aside, did you just now upgrade CubeCart, and now this is happening? I think a session could get lost if the security token is mismanaged. That is, if the skin's AJAX call does not send the security token with the "Add to Basket" data, or does not use the new security token that CubeCart sends back. A 'wrong token' situation destroys the session. This token mismanagement could happen if you are running a copy of Foundation which that version is now behind what CubeCart expects.

I am not familiar enough with database servers to know what that advisory would mean. I would guess that you have 18 visitors currently requesting pages from your store.

I would think the .htaccess file would have nothing to do with this.