search postcode

keat

A customer called today, got a new computer and forgotton his login.

I searched high and low and couldn't find him, yet he was adamant that he's ordered before.

It transpires, that his company name he gave me has changed slightly, he didn't have his name in the name fields, and because his company name has changed, so as the email address he gave me.

The only way I could find him, was through PHPAdmin on his postcode, which then explained why i couldn't find him using the customer search in admin.

Are there any changes that could be made, so the search will search on phone number and postcode.

Edited by keat

One must assume that something remained the same between then and now. The customer could have also not realized that they moved since their last order - then where would they be?

But, certainly, the addressbook and/or order summary tables can be searched with having new code added to Cubecart.

His company name changed from 'smith supplies' to 'smith industries' (made up name for GDPR reasons) :-)

When he called he said he was smith industries, but I couldn't find smith industries.

Searching smith resulted in too many results,

And even then, of course i was looking from 'Smith Industries' and not 'Smith supplies', so whilst he would have appeared in the list, i would have dismissed it.

His name was Jim Smith,  he'd not put Jim Smith in his user details, he had infact put 'Smith Supplies' in the last name field.

He'd not updated any information in his account.

So I was looking for Jim Smith at Smith Industries.

No doubt his details will have been updated on our internal system, but he'd not done so on Cubecart.

The reason for his call ......... his login details were cached on his old PC.

Some details remained the same, but the serach won't search on phone number or postcode.

Maybe an enhancement request for a future release.

Edited by keat

• 2 weeks later...

I built my own 'add order screen' which searches after each piece of data is entered.

I find that taking a customer's telephone number first works best - as easy to mis-spell an email address.

So many customers don't mention that they have ordered before - or forget they have ordered before!

This approach saves us hours - it now takes an average of 2 minutes for me to take an order.