Issue with options

keat

A customer managed to add 6 or more items to his cart, without choosing an option and I've no idea how.

And proceed through to checkout.

All product options are 'required'.

Trying to gather credible information from him is proving difficult, when asked what browser he uses, is answer was Google, but not Chrome as this causes problems.

He quite clearly has no idea what browser he uses.

Any ideas how this could have happened, any clues at all.

Short of taking remote control of his computer and seeing for myself.

Edited by keat

Let's make sure that the options were not recorded. Using an external database utility, confirm that for rows having that cart_order_id in CubeCart_order_inventory, 'product_options' and 'options_array' have something, or are empty, have N;, or have a:1:{i:1,s:0:"";}.

The guy did say that there were no options and that he just thought he'd get whatever we sent.

Image attached

missing options.jpg

Product options blob.

a:2:{i:310;s:24:"Pack Qty: 1000 - (+3.30)";i:6442;s:33:"Bag Requirements: Bagged in 100's";}

Options array blob

a:2:{i:1;s:3:"310";i:14;s:4:"6442";}

Product options blob.

a:2:{i:310;s:24:"Pack Qty: 1000 - (+3.30)";i:6442;s:33:"Bag Requirements: Bagged in 100's";}

Options array blob

a:2:{i:1;s:3:"310";i:14;s:4:"6442";}

If I open the order on the admin side of the cart,  the options are not selected, in fact, it's giving me the chance to select the options.

It's only happened twice to my knowledge.

I modified these particular products in January.

Rather than having an entry for a Black Cable Tie and another for the same sized White one, I deleted one of the products and added the colours as an option to the remaining.

The first time this happened was only a few days after that change, so I assumed a cached basket, but this was more than 8 weeks ago.

Incidentally, we sell tens of thousands of Cable Ties every week, so I'm ruling out a problem with the product database entry, and I've hundreds more products with options, so I guess ruling out a problem with the cart.

Based on this, I can only really assume something in his browser allowed him to continue without an option