Billing Address Same as Delivery Address - billing address not saved

disco_ii_disco

HI all,

I have been working on upgrading my store from 5.2.14 to 6.1.14 and I am now in the testing phase.

However, when I submit an order and:

1. choose the delivery address to be the same as the invoice address
  2. enter a password and choose to register an account at the same time

... I am then taken to the address book page to add a billing address.

Cubecart is not recognising that the billing address is the same and, when looking in the database, only the delivery address is saved.

Does this sound like a Cubecart issue or could something be missing from my skin (something that needs to be present in new versions)? I have already searched the foundation skin for clues - but all the inputs seem the same.

When at the addressbook, are the address text entry fields already filled in?

When filled in and having given a description, at the bottom of the form are checkboxes. Are any checkboxes already checked? Do you check any other checkboxes?

When looking at the database, does the 'billing' and 'default' columns match the checkboxes' checked states?

Thank you for your reply.

When at the addressbook, the address input fields are not already filled in. (Only the first and last name fields).

When at the addressbook, the description is autofilled as 'Billing Address' but neither of the 'Billing Address' or 'Default Delivery Address' boxes are autochecked.

When looking at the database,  only the delivery address is saved.  'Default' has a value of 1 and 'Billing' has a value of 0.

After saving a new address from the addressbook, the address is saved and the 'Default' and 'Billing' fields are correctly changed to the new address, if appropriate.

I was hoping to be able to move away from hacking around with the core code with this upgrade!

Until I verify by examining the code, I would say your experience is not normal. I will examine this process (using Foundation) to confirm.

You mentioned having a third-party skin. One that you wrote, or a published skin from an outside developer?