Odd backup issue

Herbata

Hello, 

I'm doing some backups before running an upgrade as I am on version 6.1.8. I use the CubeCart admin menu to navigate to Advanced:Maintenance and then click the backup tab. 

The tab shows two backup buttons. When I click either of them, a red bar appears on the top of the screen. It says "Error: Backup failed".

I navigate to the logs section in Advanced:Error Log to see what's happening, but both the Admin and the System logs are empty. 

I'm a bit stuck with finding the issue behind this. I did check that my cubecart user has access to the backup directory in my store directory structure. but what else could it be?

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I've created the php file as described in the link and tried the backup process again.

Assuming that the error_log would appear in the some location as the php file - the root of my store directory - then no file has been created.

I backed up my database through the database tool PhpMyAdmin and had a go at the Upgrade. It produced the following error at the top of my screen...

Warning: fopen(/usr/share/webapps/CubeCart/backup/CubeCart-6.1.14.zip) [function.fopen.php]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/share/webapps/CubeCart/admin/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php on line 222

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/share/webapps/CubeCart/admin/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php on line 223

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/share/webapps/CubeCart/admin/sources/maintenance.index.inc.php on line 224

I am not sure if this sheds any light on the issue, or is releated to something else. Any help is welcome with this one...

http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.fopen.php

According to the manual page for the fopen() function, there are additional permission considerations if there are any security enhancements in effect.

Yes, the error_log should appear in the directory where the web server starts running the PHP - such as in CubeCart's main folder when executing index.php or admin_hash.php (which, in turn includes everything else).

Edited by bsmither