Frontend Site Crash

Claudia M

Hi,

This was strange.  I was working on the styling of my checkout page (put a border border radius on a button) and all the sudden I can't see my store front end. Admin is working fine.

I see this in my error log:

[02-May-2018 11:56:59 America/Louisville] PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  in /home/claudias/public_html/classes/catalogue.class.php on line 307

And in admin/maintenance/database I got this:

1356275031_CaptureOrderSummary.PNG.0c1511f9144649d1ebf9eb83cd0d3e07.PNG

And when I went to control panel I see I have 2 admin.php files:

1180256837_CaptureTwoAdminFiles.thumb.PNG.4309c13de319c771eadc182b2459b4e3.PNG

Oh and when I check the developer tools in FireFox on my homepage it says there is no style sheet. I've checked the element.ccs in my skin and it looks fine.  I did notice prior to all this that the developer tool was showing a style sheet from another skin - but the files in this skin are correct.  I was wondering why my button wouldn't change.  Yes, I cleared my caches! When I checked the correct style sheet the first line had a . in a red box in front of the .bggg{background-color: #CDDACB;}. Seems like all this started when I removed the red box .

Thanks for any and all help!

Edited by Claudia M

Keep in mind that Smarty will crash PHP if there is some thing in a template it does not like. More often than not, there will be no error that will get logged as to what was not liked in the template.

While doing any editing, put the store in Debug mode. It makes things just a bit easier. (Admin, Store Settings, Advanced, Enable debugging, and enter your IP address in the adjacent field - www.whatismyip.com)

Sometimes, on the rare occasion, the debug section gets sent out without the page. And the debug section sometimes has what Smarty didn't like about the template code.

When editing a template directly (as opposed to a CSS stylesheet), follow this rule:

Braces must have whitespace on both sides.

Correct:
.selector1 { color:black; }
.selector2 {
  color:black;
}

Not Correct:
.selector{color:black;}

Edited by bsmither