upgraded to 6.2 now backend changes not shown on front

Hi

Ive updated 5 sites from 5.13 to 6.2 had some database issues that were resolved with php admin but it now appears that changes made to the backend of the site are not being reflected on the front. i.e I have added a test product to the backend but a search of the store on the frontend reveals only 1 test that was already there. It would appear that all 5 sites have the same problem so im gussing its 6.2 related. I would appreciate it if anyone has an idea of whats going on.

Roryt

CC620 has adopted the attitude that clearing the cache as often as all prior versions of CC5/6 was doing was incredibly aggressive.

Now, the admin is to make all changes - adding inventory, creating categories, editing documents, etc, etc - then click the "Clear Cache" button (should now be lit) seen at the upper-right corner of the admin page.

The cache holds SQL queries and their results to lessen the load on shared database servers.

If you are not concerned about the load on the database while setting up your store, then in admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, switch off Caching.

Edited by bsmither