Document not displaying new version

fettlebox

I've amended a couple of typos (missing spaces) & added a paragraph of text to the document that is our home page.    The changes stick when saved & viewed in the admin panel but won't display changes on live site.  I have Ctrl+F5'd, tried different browsers & devices  all show old version.

Any ideas please?

Edited by fettlebox

CC620 has adopted the attitude that clearing the cache as often as all prior versions of CC5/6 was doing was incredibly aggressive.

Now, the admin is to make all changes - adding inventory, creating categories, editing documents, etc, etc - then click the "Clear Cache" button (should now be lit) seen at the upper-right corner of the admin page.

The cache holds SQL queries and their results to lessen the load on shared database servers.

If you are not concerned about the load on the database while setting up your store, then in admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, switch off Caching.

• Like 1

May I suggest you go all the way to CC620 (release).

Elsewise, also check this difference between CC6.2.0.B1 and CC6.1.X:

In the admin skin's /js/admin.js:

Near line 528, there is this new code:

if ($(this).hasClass("fck-source")) {
    t.startupMode = 'source';
}
if ($(this).attr("data-fck-height")) {
    t.height = $(this).attr("data-fck-height");
}

If this new code is not in this file, then I would suggest:

Note the current name of the admin folder,
Rename that admin folder,
FTP the /admin/ folder of CC620B1 (better if CC620 Release),
  (If FTP on a Mac, be sure to use Merge and not Replace)
Rename /admin/ to what was noted before.

Test.

Probably delete the renamed (non-CC620) admain folder - unless there are customizations.

Running setup only accomplishes updating the database schema. Updating the codebase is necessary before running setup.

And yet the admin screen does not show the Clear Cache button?

Please examine the admin skin template file common.breadcrumb.php.

Lines 7-8:

<li id="clear_cache_master"{if $CLEAR_CACHE} class="clear"{/if}><a href="{$SKIN_VARS.clear_cache_link}">{$LANG.maintain.cache_clear}</a></li>
<li id="help_menu"><i class="fa fa-life-ring" aria-hidden="true"></i> <a href="#">{$LANG.common.help}</a>

Aye, it's the same.   Could you screen shot the button please just in case I'm being dumb & blind!

<li id="clear_cache_master"{if $CLEAR_CACHE} class="clear"{/if}><a href="{$SKIN_VARS.clear_cache_link}">{$LANG.maintain.cache_clear}</a></li>
      <li id="help_menu"><i class="fa fa-life-ring" aria-hidden="true"></i> <a href="#">{$LANG.common.help}</a>

Your screen grab above is what I am referencing.

Are you sure you are working on the correct site?

Maybe clear CubeCart's cache? On the assumption that CubeCart caches admin templates.....

Edited by bsmither

That is certainly the database schema update history (CubeCart Version is misrepresentative).

A few other things to check:

Admin, Mailing List -- are there Imported and Dbl Opt-In columns?
Admin, Orders -- is the Status column color-coded?
Admin, Documents -- is there a new Invoice Editor tab?

Finally, on the Dashboard, Store Overview tab -- Cubecart Version?

11 hours ago, bsmither said:

That is certainly the database schema update history (CubeCart Version is misrepresentative).

A few other things to check:

Admin, Mailing List -- are there Imported and Dbl Opt-In columns?
Admin, Orders -- is the Status column color-coded?
Admin, Documents -- is there a new Invoice Editor tab?

Finally, on the Dashboard, Store Overview tab -- Cubecart Version?

Questions 1-3 - No

Overview - 6.2.0

11 hours ago, havenswift-hosting said:

We are seeing a large number of sites (that people have tried to upgrade themselves) where the upgrade has failed - this often leaves several copies of the admin directory where the "new" directory is the upgraded one but isnt being used

Upgrade didn't fail & as usual I was presented with an updated link to the ACP 

It's turned into a bit of a disaster.   I also installed the Braintree paypal module & did a test purchase no problem - but that was before I cleared the cache so I'm guessing it was still using the old Payments Pro.    I came home to a stack of pending orders where payment hadn't been made & the checkout not working.  I have reverted to Payments Pro & cleared cache & it's fine again so Braintree is a bust.

Contact form also not working & test fails despite working before & no changes being made.

Capture.JPG.c3a693f0fd38309fa12662d0dc469528.JPGCapture1.JPG.dce132072221b994f7be96ff7d5557f1.JPG

Capture3.JPG.a72facb5d6f09d32b4bd1a88920f293c.JPG

It gets better!

Guest checkout takes you to paypal.  Log in etc & returned to store to complete but 'Make Payment' button is missing & address isn't populated.  Doing it manually doesn't make button appear.

Capture.JPG.1378917d1404e5932c60f1c0cb2c4fed.JPG

Edited by fettlebox

ok - making progress. 

I could see 2 admin folders - admin & admin_***** (masked).   I renamed admin_**** to admin_****_old.   My ACP was then blank so I knew this was the one in use.   The files in admin dates to the upgrade yesterday but in admin_*** they were older.  I backed up contents of admin_**** & copied contents of admin into it.

I now have the clear cache button,  Imported and Dbl Opt-In columns in Admin, Mailing List & a new Invoice Editor tab in Admin, Documents

The Status column is not color-coded in Admin, Orders

Email still doesn't work - but error is now due to authentication so working on that

Guest checkout to be tested.

Braintree to be retried

really in trouble now.

any changes to email setting took me back to the dashboard with a CSRF warning.  I logged out & now I can't log in due to a CSRF warning. 

I undid all the things I did in post above & still can't log in.   I read the related CSRF file & am guessing it's something about a token?

fresh files uploaded & upgrade ran.  Installer message that store is already upgraded - fair enough.

I had to rename admin folder to admin_**** to get back in.    Delete setup folder.

The Status column is now color-coded in Admin, Orders so ACP looks as it should    

Email & Guest checkout still not working.

Any changes to settings don't work - just get taken back to dashboard with CSRF warning.

Time for bed

I'm successfully created a working 6.2.0 install in a sub folder & got it configured with extensions I use & images etc.  (couldn't get Braintree working tho but least of my problems)

Is there a way to get rid of the CSRF issue on the store or would I be able to successfully overwrite it with  the newly created, working copy?

Edited by fettlebox

16 hours ago, fettlebox said:

Upgrade didn't fail & as usual I was presented with an updated link to the ACP 

If you EVER receive a new updated Admin login url after the first time, then it means the upgrade has failed.  The Admin directory and admin_xxxxxxx.php file should never be renamed !

Happens last few upgrades so thought it was normal.    I'm sure there is a message along the lines it's for 'security'.   Never caused problems in past but I guess noticeable this time due to the changes in the ACP.

What's causing the installer to do that?