Delivery Same as Billing Checkbox problem with 6.2.1

Dirty Butter

This works correctly on the 6.2.0 Demo store. But mine on current commit 6.2.1 on one test store does not. The other test store is on 6.2.0 and it works correcly.

The code is stock on content.checkout.confirm.php as far as having the delivery and billing addresses checked as being the same. So, just as I should, when I am on content.checkout.confirm I see the checked box saying billing and delivery are the same.

But incorrectly, my next step in checkout takes me to the page where I'm told I have to provide a billing address. I have no idea what file to look in to try to see what I have wrong as far as acting on that checkbox is concerned.

Edited by Dirty Butter

I think I've found my problem. I still had admin cache disabled, as I've been doing lots of editing. I DID have cache cleared out before testing purchasing on the front end, but with cache disabled  the front end evidently can't "hold" the choice to use billing the same as delivery. Once I enabled cache within Admin, I was able to get a proper purchase sequence. I'll test some more, but I think this is resolved.

On your commit as of today (except for the button color change) WITH the reverted js file - sorry to say it still did not work. But since it's a js change, I'm going to do some major manual Windows cache cleaning and cache cleaning of CC and try again.

Edited by Dirty Butter

That is very puzzling indeed.

Add item to basket, click Checkout, add in all required info, billing the same as delivery is already checked by default, check T&C box, left shipping choice as shown, clicked checkout button. Then get a very long load of next page - /index.php?_a=addressbook&action=add&redir=confirm

See screenshot https://dirtybutter.com/billingdeliveryaddressissue.png

Using FF tools, the long wait is a 302 POST to index.php?_a=confirm that takes 3719 ms to complete.

Well, I've replaced all the files with stock AGAIN and run setup AGAIN. I STILL can't get this to work with today's 6.2.1 commit - with or without reverting the js file. I am at a total loss how to proceed. The only thing that still has anything from previous versions is the database, which is basically a copy of our live store that I upgraded to the commit.