upgrade 6.1.3 to 6.20 multiple problems

I followed the instruction to upgrade from 6.1.3 to 6.2. When completed the admin showed all the products, but the  images were no longer attached. The categories for each item were also missing. Then when selecting the magnifying glass to view an item I got to a 404 page not found error. Back in admin, I edited an item and selected a category and picture. The magnifying glass then went to a fully functional page. What might have I done wrong? Not that you would be able to view it because of maintenance mode, but the site is time2scrapbook.com/cube

Have your browser open its diagnostic panels. Have the Network pane showing.

If, in admin, Products, you click the Preview icon (magnifying glass) for a different product than before, do you still get a plain 404 response, or do you get a CubeCart page with "404" where the Homepage and Latest Products would otherwise show?

When clicking the Preview icon, the web browser is asking for the page:
www.example.com/index.php?_a=product&product_id=1
where product_id will be the relevant value.

CubeCart should then send back a 302 with the friendly URL - something like:
www.example.com/tesa31.html

If a plain 404, then web server is not reading the .htaccess file correctly, of the .htaccess file is missing or not coded correctly.

4 hours ago, flash760 said:

I followed the instruction to upgrade from 6.1.3 to 6.2.

Which instructions ? These https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/228/43/how-do-i-upgrade-from-cubecart-v6-to-latest-v6 ?  If not then you are likely to have had a failed or partial upgrade which could be causing these issues.

Ian

Additional info: If I export the catelogue only the items I have altered from the admin panel are exported. i.e. I have altered 4 items. When I export 50 items only those 4 are in the file. The database, however, thinks there are 637 items.

The 304 responses are the web server answering the question, "Has this file changed since the last time the browser fetched it, which was date/time?" If it hasn't, then the web server sends 304 and the web browser knows to use the copy stored in the browser's internal cache.

Which means, after an upgrade, it is often necessary to force your browser to reload the page's resources. This usually done with CTRL-F5. Firefox can use a shifted refresh arrow.

If I recall, an export should only include items that are in stock, enabled, and are in a category that is enabled.

I see in the image above that a few of the items in the list do not have a category assigned to it.

Looking directly at the database, examine the contents of the table CubeCart_category_index. There should be product_id numbers for almost all items.

Also look at CubeCart_image_index. There should be product_id numbers for almost all items.

Also look at CubeCart_seo_urls. There should be product_id numbers for all items where 'type' is "prod".

Also, the .htaccess file attached above is corrupting what CubeCart needs to work with. This file seems to be from your main site folder (public_html), and there should be a distinct .htaccess file in your sub-folder /cube/.

You might also want to include directives in CubeCart's .htaccess file to switch off the "mod_expires" functionality for CubeCart.

Edited by bsmither

CubeCart_category_index , CubeCart_image_index , and CubeCart_seo_urls were missing a whole bunch of entries. I went back to my backup and uploaded all three. That reattached the categories, images, and paths. It all works great. So the question for you guys is, why didn't the upgrade to 6.2 keep these tables intact?

The lesson learned: ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE.

Thanks for all the help