administrator superuser

I have taken over a cubecart site and unfortunately I went to do a backup and found that I didn't have the correct permissions to do so. So I went to the administrator setup and found that when I tried to add an administrator with superuser permissions the super user flag check box is missing. Where do I find this so that I can reinstate this function to either the current user or when I create a new administrator.

Thanks for your help

Best Regards,

Peterp

You need to be logged in as a super-user to create/upgrade/downgrade/delete another super-user.

If you have direct access to the database, you can set the 'super_user' column to "1" in the CubeCart_admin_users table.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply however when I use a administrator that has the super-user set to 1 I am still refused entry into the maintenance selection and also do not see the super user field in the administrator inquiry screen, and I also do not have the ability to add a new user the add administrator tab is not there. Could this be that it has had a coding modification done, if so what program/s would I find this type of modification.

Thanks for your help

Best Regards,

Peterp

Start with /admin/sources/settings.admins.inc.php. Line 23 asks if the logged in admin has permission to read this page.

In /classes/admin.class.php, function permissions(), the first test is asking is a super-user is logged in. If so, return true and the admin has permission to read.

Line 31asks if has permission to edit/create. Super-user says true.

Line 99 asks if has permission to update permissions. Super-user says true.

More at line 144.

Line 241 starts populating the page listing the admins. Line 243 asks if has permission to edit/create so that the tab "Add new administrator" is initialized. Super-user says true, so there will be the tab.

If you are looking at your own (you being the logged in admin) admin settings screen, you cannot change your own super-user status. So, no "Super User" checkbox for you.

(Actually, if you are the one and only super-user, you cannot change your status.)

Edited by bsmither